Protein powder

Options
Any suggestions on shakes that are similar to shakeology? Shakeology is pricey. And please I don't want to hear or be pushed into shakeology. TIA

Replies

• kommodevaran
    kommodevaran Posts: 17,890 Member
    Options
    What's wrong with food?
  • Carlos_421
    Carlos_421 Posts: 5,132 Member
    Options
    What are you trying to accomplish through these shakes? (serious question)
  • nicoalprice
    nicoalprice Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I like Vega, personally.
  • kimgeloneck
    kimgeloneck Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Carlos_421 wrote: »

A quick meal on busy day. Meal replacement.
  • kimgeloneck
    Options
    What's wrong with food?

Nothing is wrong with food, but there are days in the mornings that are hectic

• MostlyWater
    MostlyWater Posts: 4,294 Member
    Options
    I can post smoothie recipes if you want them.
  • cathipa
    cathipa Posts: 2,991 Member
    Options
    What is it about ShakeO that you like.
  • HealthierRayne
    HealthierRayne Posts: 268 Member
    Options
    I like vega as well
  • Shawshankcan
    Shawshankcan Posts: 900 Member
    Options
    Any will work as long as it fits into your nutrition plan. There is NOTHING special about shakeology except the marketing. Those who have lost weight while using it have done so because they have stuck with a diet plan.
  • kimgeloneck
    Options

Thank you everyone. I was just seeing if it shakeology was special
  • psuLemon
    psuLemon Posts: 38,411 MFP Moderator
    Options
    Thank you everyone. I was just seeing if it shakeology was special

Even though it's advertised as a meal replacement, it is fairly low in calorie and it personally taste like chalk. Add in the fact, you have MLM pricing, it's highly not worth it. I would suggest making a smoothy or even a protein bar.
  • megdet
    megdet Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    I just started with IdealShape. I love the flavor, not chalky. I can simply use the vanilla powder ( I also like mocha, can add my coffee in the AM with ice and make a frozen coffee with nutrients), mixed with almond milk and drink as is. 160 calories with up to 80% of daily nutrients with the milk, mix only with water and its 100 calories. It has added B6-12 vitamins than many don't have, and a good 11g protein. I have nutrient absorption issues, so this one offered the best bang for the buck with the vitamins...AND I used to use shakeology, IdealShape is much more affordable.
  • Carlos_421
    Carlos_421 Posts: 5,132 Member
    Options
    Carlos_421 wrote: »

A quick meal on busy day. Meal replacement.

For that purpose, the options for alternatives to Shakeology are endless.
    Anything from a protein bar (more filling IMO) to a banana to a peanut butter sandwich that you made the night before or just a cup of yogurt.
    There's no real need to replace meals with protein shakes. Protein powders/shakes/drinks are great if you have trouble reaching your protein goals but if the problem is needing something to eat on the go, snacks such as string cheese and granola bars are just as handy.
  • lwevans0927
    lwevans0927 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I like Naked Nutrition whey protein. It is unflavored, from grass-fed cows, no additives, gmo free, soy free, growth hormone free. They also have other types of protein powders. I use it in a lot of different things, even my baked stuff.
  • LPflaum
    LPflaum Posts: 174 Member
    Options
    I use Muscle Milk Light and replace the water with unsweetened almond milk. It fits nicely into my macros (270 cal) and with 27 grams of protein, I find it takes me hours to get hungry again. The flavor isn't bad either (much improved with the almond milk)
  • lizzelspark
    lizzelspark Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    I like Naked Nutrition whey protein. It is unflavored, from grass-fed cows, no additives, gmo free, soy free, growth hormone free. They also have other types of protein powders. I use it in a lot of different things, even my baked stuff.

Where can you buy this ?