Why?

Options
Why don't I have the motivation to go to the gym... :\

Replies

• Zombella
    Zombella Posts: 490 Member
    Options
    Sometimes it is really hard to get motivated to do anything. Just push yourself to go and you will be happy that you did.
  • tigernikki
    tigernikki Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    How about you just go for a nice long walk?! :smiley:
  • AtmaKing
    AtmaKing Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    In the beginning a gym buddy was a need for me. I'm the type of person who will always do more for someone else that I'd ever do for myself. So for me getting someone to go with me or who asked me to go daily was something I needed.

Now if/when he isn't able to go because of what ever reason (he has missed all 3 days this week, actually worried about him) I go anyways because now its such a habit for me and when I missed 2 days last week because I was sick, I mentally felt bad for missing.

The other thing is if you go, sometimes just going makes you think well I'm here might as well do work.
  • Shawshankcan
    Shawshankcan Posts: 900 Member
    Options
    Motivation isn't something that is there every day. Some days I go to the gym because it's part of my routine and no other reason
  • lpn2003
    lpn2003 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Oh how I can relate to you! We moved & it was really hard for me to go out becuz I was in a new environment, not knowing anybody. 9 mos of sitting on my butt in our tiny apartment, eating bonbons & watching tv, only to gain more weight! I finally psyched myself out mentally to step outside of my box! I joined the local gym & after 6 weeks, I'm down 8#'s!
  • SueSueDio
    SueSueDio Posts: 4,796 Member
    Options
    Why don't I have the motivation to go to the gym... :\

Why do you think you NEED to go to the gym? There are plenty of other exercise options open to you, try something you think you'll enjoy instead of forcing yourself to do something you really don't want to do.

On the other hand, if you do actually WANT to go to the gym but just lack the motivation to get there, try making a list of the reasons you want to do it and use that to help get yourself out. Or, as a previous poster suggested, find a gym buddy to go with - the thought of letting someone else down might give you the impetus you need. :)