Lose 20 lbs by Sept 2016

Options
serafina57
serafina57 Posts: 37 Member
I need to get this weight off and keep it off. I do a clean and gluten free (Celiac) diet. I just need motivation and accountability. No criticisms or unhealthy foods mentioned, please. It just doesn't help. Let's support each other and stay in touch here.

Replies

• chelskii21
    chelskii21 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Sounds good and definitely achievable! I follow gf too and hoping to loose more than that by September!! x
  • serafina57
    Options
    Yes. Daily check in's would help the most, I think!
  • cyeko
    cyeko Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I would love to join this challenge. I've recently been diagnosed with sleep apnea, and I'm hoping to get off that damn machine if I can lose 30 pounds...
  • serafina57
    Options
    Welcome to everyone. I'm going to post my goal achievements each day. It'll keep me honest. I hope you'll do the same!
    Today, April 26, I kept my calories below my max and did 40 minutes on treadmill.
    How did you do?
  • serafina57
    Options
    Thanks, Saransaren for post goals.
    SW 163
    GW 143[

• tinagold2213
    tinagold2213 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I'm in too. :)
    SW: 148
    CW: 145.3
    GW: 128
  • ewunia99
    ewunia99 Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    Hi All!

This thread caught my eye. I'm going to be a in a good friend's wedding in September, and I was just thinking to myself-- how fit can I get in the next four months? I think a loss of 5 lbs a month would be FANTASTIC. I'm having a hard time kick starting the weight from going down, but I've had good success with MFP in the past, so I'm hoping it will work again. I just moved cross country and have packed on lbs from all the stress of the big life change. Feel free to add me to keep in touch with my dairy and workouts, I love seeing what others eat to get ideas!

My ultimate goal is to lose 30lbs from where I am today, but I also would like to be stronger than I am and have sculpted arms ;)
  • Becoming_A_Butterfly
    Becoming_A_Butterfly Posts: 2,534 Member
    Options
    I am really struggling to get back on track and would love to join you guys!

Ewunia99, I only moved across town, and that was stressful enough. You're right, a big move can really throw you off. I now have a workout room at my new house and need to get busy using it!
  • serafina57
    Options
    Today: Below calorie count and 40 minutes on treadmill.
    I'm going to have to increase the time on treadmill very slowly as I don't want any injuries. I'm doing 3.5 miles per hour. I'm 59 years old and the knees and feet aren't what they use to be since I use to be a runner. How are you all doing??
  • ewunia99
    ewunia99 Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    Hi Everyone! Yesterday I went a bit over my calories, but today I'm oddly not very hungry at all so things are balancing out. I tried something new at the gym yesterday (I try to go at lunch time) and I did a set of goblet squats with 20lbs, which is pretty heavy for me. My legs are feeling it today! I'm watching my nephew during my lunch break to help out my sis, so my workout will most likely be a walk with him. My goal for today is to do the ab workout for the 30 day challenge I'm working on, and staying below my calorie goal. And beating my cold so I can work out hard this weekend. Hope everyone has a great day!
  • saransaran
    saransaran Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    I had a good day yesterday - a little over my calorie goal but healthy choices. Today I had a 20 minute early morning walk before getting ready for work. I am going to put that on my daily to-do list. It really started the day off right.

Serafina - I am 68 years old so I understand the need for caution and avoiding injuries!
  • nell911
    nell911 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    What a great idea.
  • llynny
    llynny Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Almost 64 so I get it, but we shall never give up, right?
  • saransaran
    saransaran Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Never!
  • catsssmeow
    catsssmeow Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I would really like to join as well. I have been wanting to lose 20 pounds for a while now, but I just couldn't follow up every day with the logging part of it. Hopefully this will help.