Got sick after dinner

Options
I was on here to lose weight almost a year ago, then found out I was pregnant, so I stopped dieting. I had a miscarriage, but was too depressed to worry about dieting. Then I gained 16 lbs, and decided I needed to start eating healthy. I am out of town for work for two weeks and have been mostly eating soup, vegetables and fruit because restaurants are so unhealthy. I was out of food in my hotel room, so I got take out from Cheesecake Factory. I thought it was supposed to be a healthy choice, but it was really greasy and seemed really high in fat. I got sick. Almost immediately. Now, I'm still feeling a little queasy, but I am not sure how much of my dinner counted. Should I eat again? I don't want to eat too much, but I also don't want to be hungry. I am NOT bulimic. This is the first time I have thrown up since morning sickness. Should I maybe just have a salad? Is it possible my body rejected the 'bad' food because it's used to an low fat, no sugar diet?

Replies

• LushFix
    LushFix Posts: 306 Member
    Options
    Of your actually hungry after throwing up eat something sensible. One might isn't ginger to make or break your goals.
  • deedster_a
    deedster_a Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    I had a meal from Cheesecake Factory onetime that was very greasy and I also threw up. I usually eat low-fat and I think my body just couldn't handle that much fat all at once.
  • cewarren7
    cewarren7 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I don't know the answer but a similar thing happened to me last night! I was doing very well doing T25 and eating very clean then I craved a hamburger. I said to myself hey I've been doing good let me get some Wendy's. Halfway through my burgers and fries I felt like I was going to vomit everywhere. Stopped eating and went to bed. I drank a lot of water today to try to flush it out but I feel my body went into some sort of shock and tried to totally reject it lol
  • LushFix
    Options
    LushFix wrote: »
    Of your actually hungry after throwing up eat something sensible. One might isn't ginger to make or break your goals.

Wow, I typed this on my phone in a hurry. Sorry, I should really spell check hahaha.

***If you're actually hungry after throwing up go ahead and eat something sensible, one night isn't going to make or break your goals.***
  • tanialynn3
    tanialynn3 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Thanks. I think it might just have been a shock to my system. I had an apple just a little bit ago and it tasted way better than my dinner and stayed in place! I'm going to leave dinner in my log cause I know I didn't lose all the calories, if many at all.
  • RodaRose
    RodaRose Posts: 9,562 Member
    Options
    Choose wisely in a restaurant and you will find that many have good options.
    I find breakfast is good especially.
  • LushFix
    Options
    I wasn't drunk... I swear!!! Hahahaha
  • farfromthetree
    farfromthetree Posts: 982 Member
    Options
    Could you be pregnant again??
  • BZAH10
    BZAH10 Posts: 5,709 Member
    Options

With that screen name? Are you sure?? Just kidding. I think we're all so used to goofy autocorrect that I understood your first post just fine, although it was entertaining.
  • rakowskidp
    rakowskidp Posts: 231 Member
    Options
    tanialynn3 wrote: »
    I had an apple just a little bit ago and it tasted way better than my dinner and stayed in place!
    That's great news, and I'm glad it worked out for you!

I think this has been the most surprising aspect of my diet - I just don't like those high-fat, high-sugar foods as much as I did before!

• CrabNebula
    CrabNebula Posts: 1,119 Member
    Options
    Healthy/low cal. Cheesecake Factory.

Choose one.
  • jofjltncb6
    jofjltncb6 Posts: 34,415 Member
    Options

^this...

...I think.

Maybe.
  • jofjltncb6
    Options
    CrabNebula wrote: »

Choose one.

What is inherently unhealthy about Cheesecake Factory?
  • janejellyroll
    janejellyroll Posts: 25,763 Member
    Options

Choose one.

Really?

They have edamame, they have several salads under 600 calories (some with protein), they have soft tacos for around 500 calories, and they have a chicken, beef, and shrimp dish with all less than 600 calories. There is a lot someone who is watching calories can order there.
  • mom22dogs
    mom22dogs Posts: 470 Member
    Options
    That's funny, the only time I've ever gotten sick after eating at a restaurant is when I ate at Cheese Cake Factory. Was sick all night. Seems I'm not the only one.
  • LushFix
    Options
    BZAH10 wrote: »

With that screen name? Are you sure?? Just kidding. I think we're all so used to goofy autocorrect that I understood your first post just fine, although it was entertaining.

Hahaha never thought of it that way!!! I'm totally in love with LUSH COSMETICS! That's where the username came from. Hahaha.
  • nutmegoreo
    nutmegoreo Posts: 15,532 Member
    Options
    RodaRose wrote: »
    Choose wisely in a restaurant and you will find that many have good options.
    I find breakfast is good especially.

Exactly. Most restaurants have better choices. Look the nutritional information up on line before going/ordering. Unless you go somewhere without that information available, it just takes a little preplanning. If you do go somewhere without planning, usually steak and vegetables are a good option (find out what they add to it though).
  • jofjltncb6
    Options

Choose one.

Really?

They have edamame, they have several salads under 600 calories (some with protein), they have soft tacos for around 500 calories, and they have a chicken, beef, and shrimp dish with all less than 600 calories. There is a lot someone who is watching calories can order there.

Some people like to use assumptions like this to 1) completely avoid a place because they can't make good choices when there, or 2) justify making poor choices once there because there's "nothing" they could have done otherwise.
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    Sabine_Stroehm Posts: 19,263 Member
    Options
    cheesecake factory has a great lower calorie menu. If you go back, stick to that. They've got great salads, salmon, edamame etc.

Sorry you got sick. Are you pregnant again?