gained 4 lbs but lost inches??

Options
I gained FOUR pounds during what i thought was a great week! i feel thinner.. like i lost inches but gained 4 lbs in a week??? wth? i ran at least 2 miles everyday and ate pretty diligently.. can someone tell me wat happened? I drink at least 6 cups of water a day and thought last week was awesome. I also refrained from weighing myself everyday like i normally do and waited until Sunday..

This was also the first time I've ran miles daily, but i enjoyed it, didnt strain myself at all...

Replies

• suzycreamcheese
    suzycreamcheese Posts: 1,766 Member
    Options
    muscles muscles muscles.

If i have a big gain for no apparent reason, i often find ive lost an inch or half an inch when i measure. Thats happened a few times
  • eelozano
    eelozano Posts: 8
    Options
    Just to add to what suzy said. Muscles are a good thing, so don't worry about it. As long as you feel good and the inches are slowly coming off then you're doing fine.
  • EmsyLou77
    EmsyLou77 Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    TOTM?
  • jigglyporcupine
    Options
    Hi there... Please don't be discouraged! It could be your body going through a change where you're building muscle weight which I'm sure you know could possibly contribute to the 4 lbs weight gain, that would explain the inches lost. This would mean you're probably getting ready to lose more weight when your body regulates ; - )
    Best of luck,
    Terri
  • olag00
    olag00 Posts: 222
    Options
    Also, I have found if I become sore, the body retains water to "protect" the muscle while it is repairing. As soon as I quit being sore, the weight drops again.

Just an FYI.
  • yanicka
    yanicka Posts: 1,004 Member
    Options
    Same thing happened to me. Quite frankly, I do not give a damn about the why. I am thinner and healthier. The scale is a B&?$/&
  • editara13
    editara13 Posts: 384 Member
    Options
    The best time to weight is in the morning and I'm sure that the extra pounds are just water, but don't forget that always check your weight in the morning.................... :-)

3574379.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools
  • ChantalGG
    ChantalGG Posts: 2,404 Member
    Options
    I think inches are more important than lbs. Bring on the muscle! Good job!
  • mialsya
    mialsya Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    I have no clue whose blog this is, but it has a great picture to explain muscle density versus fat density. Muscle is more compact than fat for the same weight. It takes up a lot less space for the same weight. Additionally, the more muscles you have, the faster your metabolism will go, so BE EXCITED! Go off your inches lost and not necessarily pounds gained or lost.

http://olive-lucas.blogspot.com/2011/05/muscle-vs-fat.html
  • ardeornellis
    ardeornellis Posts: 198 Member
    Options
    water retention... Drink at least 8 cups/day.... especially when running 2 miles/day...
  • cloggsy71
    cloggsy71 Posts: 2,208 Member
    Options
    water retention... Drink at least 8 cups/day.... especially when running 2 miles/day...

Seconded!

The 'at least' 8 cups isimportant!
  • curlgirl_03
    Options
    :drinker: good advice! Thanks everyone