Need encouragement

Options
Long story short, I finally got off the couch & joined the gym. Yes, I'm watching what I eat & have lost 6#'s so far but I feel down & don't notice any changes in the way my clothes fit. It's too soon, right? I've been stuck on the same weight for the passed two wks & it's discouraging! Any thoughts, suggestions, etc would be greatly appreciated!

Replies

• billglitch
    billglitch Posts: 538 Member
    Options
    how many cals are you eating? what and how much at gym?
  • tayter_tot7
    tayter_tot7 Posts: 220 Member
    Options
    Im in the same boat as you im 7lbs down. I just set some mini goals for myself im 285lbs so I have a lot of weight to lose but it discouraged me when I had that ticker that said 130 lbs and the ticker doesnt really move much after youve lost so little with so much to lose. So I said I would set the goal lower. Even thought its a small victory but it is one that I can see. Over 100lbs seems like it would take me forever to lose. No weight loss I was on here freaking out a few weeks ago about the same thing. Even if you don't lose any weight you are still on the right track to a healthier you. I started about 8 weeks ago and I've got 7 lbs down not alot but I know I'm not the same person I was when I started. So I think we can keep at it and see more results in the future. :)
  • AtmaKing
    AtmaKing Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    If you're persistent you will get there. If you are consistent in your persistence you will get there and stay there.
  • DiamondRubyMom
    DiamondRubyMom Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    Give yourself some time. It sounds like things are working for you if you lost 6 pounds. The heavier you are the long it takes to show in you clothes. Personally it take about 10 pounds for me to drop a size but I'm kinda short. Also try to incorporate muscle strengthening at the gym and not just cardio. Strong muscles will burn more calories while you sit on the couch.
  • lpn2003
    lpn2003 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Give yourself some time. It sounds like things are working for you if you lost 6 pounds. The heavier you are the long it takes to show in you clothes. Personally it take about 10 pounds for me to drop a size but I'm kinda short. Also try to incorporate muscle strengthening at the gym and not just cardio. Strong muscles will burn more calories while you sit on the couch.

Thank you!
  • lpn2003
    Options
    AtmaKing wrote: »
    If you're persistent you will get there. If you are consistent in your persistence you will get there and stay there.

Thank you!
  • lpn2003
    Options
    billglitch wrote: »
    how many cals are you eating? what and how much at gym?

I am eating 1200 cals daily, 30 mins on treadmill & 35 mins on elliptical.
  • lpn2003
    Options
    Thank you everyone for responding! I will def keep going! Do the circuit training machines work for muscle strengthening or are free weights better?
  • lpn2003
    Options
    tayter_tot7, the struggle is real, that's for sure! Your story hits home & every day I have to tell myself to push forward, "I (WE) CAN DO THIS!". It's really great that MFP has this Community board for those of us that need to hear that we're not alone!
  • thenananator
    thenananator Posts: 273 Member
    Options
    I started telling myself "I want my body back". When I walk and feel tired I tell myself "my body is on the top of the next hill" When I am standing ready to dive into a bag of chips I tell myself "I will not find my body in this bag of chips" It is working for me!!!! GOod luck and stay here, log in, log your food and enjoy the journey as much as possible!!!! It's all good!
  • AtmaKing
    AtmaKing Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    lpn2003 wrote: »
    Thank you everyone for responding! I will def keep going! Do the circuit training machines work for muscle strengthening or are free weights better?

Yes, Compound Heavy Lifts work best. But not everyone is comfortable nor confident enough to go there. However for best results this is where you want/need to be.

You're already ahead of the game because you go. Now just keep the plan and tweak as needed.