Detox

Options
Anybody ever done a detox before? Read about them at the local Whole Foods market and am curious to get feedback before buying one.

Replies

• Atlantique
    Atlantique Posts: 2,484 Member
    Options
    Your body does a fine job of detoxing itself. There is absolutely no need to purchase some sort of 'detox', which is usually a bunch of useless supplements for use in a modified fast. They are gimmicks.

You'd be better off buying some healthy food, a gym membership, new running shoes, etc.
  • sweetiepie31612
    sweetiepie31612 Posts: 240 Member
    Options
    Best detox for your body is lots of water and lots of exercise. Sweat it out!
  • jigglyporcupine
    Options
    Hi there... Not only have I read about them but I have done several. Kits can be confusing (so many to chose from) and expensive and may not address your personal needs. There is an extremely large book called Prescription for Nutritional Healing, I have the Fourth Edition. It is a practical A-Z reference to drug-free remedies using vitamins, minerals, herbs & food supplements, by Phyllis A. Balch, CNC. A friend of mine is a nurse and she recommended it so our family has been using it for quite some time and love it! Also it's not expensive! Try Amazon ; - ) or the local library.
    Having said that, there is some great advise about detoxing, which I found helps get your organs going on the right track. I think it's imperative to your health personally.
    Hope the book helps, it has a world of information in it.
    Good luck...