60 pounds lost, 14 gained back intentionally, 8 lost again

Options
rajushank84
rajushank84 Posts: 10 Member
Hello everyone! I realized I never posted here.

So a bit about me, I am almost 32 years old. I was always fat since teenage, grew up fat, thought its genetics, then at 30 I realized its not genetics, it is... rice. Rice and potatoes and beer. Mostly rice. South Indian food.

So... long story short, IIFYM + Stronglifts workout = profit.

I started in December 2014 and continuously lost the pounds until August 2015. 60 pounds in 8 months. Started at 200 pounds in December and by August I was at 140 pounds.

Then between September '15 to Jan '16 I lost it a bit, ate mostly at maintenance but ate in excess in the December break and by Jan I had gained 5 pounds and I was at 145.

On the workout side, I was weak when I started in December '14 and was still weak at the end of it, since I was in deficit and I was also doing a lot of workouts with bad form as a newbie. In Jan '16, I realized I needed to get a bit stronger. So did an intentional 9-pound bulk till 154. I did see strength gains in the gym for 3 months until March.

Since March, I have been cutting again while retaining strength, hitting my protein numbers consistently and working out religiously three times a week.

Now my weight is down to 146 again. I plan to cut down to say 135-ish before I start a clean bulk again. I guess I will be at 15% bodyfat then.

My biggest challenge is still being skinnyfat. I have LOTS of fat in my midsection and I will continue to work on burning it.

Add me on MFP!

(These pics were taken last year - December 2014 at start and August 2015 after 8 months effort)

3rimtc7mulxa.jpg

8eqsz2d9by0e.jpg

Replies

Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!