Stepping out of my comfort zone

Options
My name's Thomas and I've been in the Air Force over 16 years now. It's been a pretty rough/stressful career and it's definitely taken it's toll on my body. For years I was always extremely active and my metabolism would usually do what I needed it to do to keep me balanced. After getting married and having kids, getting divorced, hernia surgery....and a lot of other stressful events that I let get in my head and control me, I started eating and drinking a lot more than I should. Being that I'm in the military I've always had to "maintain standards", but I haven't really been in healthy physical/mental shape in years. So this is me trying to do something more and get my life back. I want to see my girls grow up, I want to play with my grandkids when that time comes, heck....I wouldn't mind falling in love again one day. In order for me to do that though, I need to find myself and get that happiness in my life for me again. I apologize for throwing my issues out there as I'm sure most can relate. But if you've got any pointers on meals, workouts, or living in general and would like to talk or share, I'd greatly appreciate it. Thank you.

Replies

• she_lived_wholly_forevermore
    Options
    Welcome to mfp! I'm sure you will do a marvelous job. Kudos to you for wanting to improve your health and staying positive.
  • msheepy00
    msheepy00 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Welcome! Congrats on taking the first step towards regaining a healthy balance in your life. This community is very helpful and supportive. Feel free to add me if you want friends. :)
  • blonde_passion
    blonde_passion Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    You found a good spot! I'm new here too and by the sounds of it you'll do well here :) Add me if you'd like!
  • TylerShewbatski
    TylerShewbatski Posts: 265 Member
    Options
    never too late to start bro, wear you like armour. added