supposed to maintain but still losing..

Options
I have lost 46lbs in about 5 months and hit my goal in December and have been pretty much been maintaining since then. this week is my TOM, and naturally I would feel hungrier sometimes and reach for snacks i normally would resist. I expected after a "snack binge", the scale would be up the next morning. instead the last two days I've been lower than the morning before. I know I'm not supposed to be losing any more weight but I'm not sure what else I can do. I've already tried increasing calories. right now my calorie goal is set to 1830 but I usually end up between 1500-1700. I workout the same as when I was losing, that is 6days/week for 60 minutes.

any suggestions, I would greatly appreciate!!

Replies

• 12by311
    12by311 Posts: 1,719 Member
    Options
    Eat more. Obviously the calories you are taking in aren't your maintenance cals if you are losing.
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    Sabine_Stroehm Posts: 19,263 Member
    Options
    Eat more. Right?
  • sijomial
    sijomial Posts: 19,811 Member
    Options
    QUESTION: Losing weight and don't want to be?
    ANSWER: Eat more.

(Any reason you would struggle to eat more?)
  • victoria_1024
    victoria_1024 Posts: 915 Member
    Options
    So am I understanding correct that your weight was lower for just two days? I mean you may need to eat more but I look more at trends not just two days on the scale. If you've been maintaining since December on these calories I would think it's just random fluctuations but if it continues to go down then definitely eat more!
  • MsBuzzkillington
    MsBuzzkillington Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    You're eating less than the amount of calories it said you should be eating to hit maintenance? Eat more calories. Actually eat it all.
  • MichelleLea122
    MichelleLea122 Posts: 332 Member
    Options
    Has it been just these 2 days? It may just be your TOM. Personally I find my weight fluctuates a lot during this time due to hormones and water weight.
  • ARGriffy
    ARGriffy Posts: 1,002 Member
    Options
    Has it been just these 2 days? It may just be your TOM. Personally I find my weight fluctuates a lot during this time due to hormones and water weight.

I can have 6 lb weight swing either way in the days of or surrounding tom, if you believe your calories counted are accurate you will be fine. If you actually have a downward trend (should be slow at low weight anyway) then yeah, eat more! !!
  • LivingtheLeanDream
    LivingtheLeanDream Posts: 13,345 Member
    Options
    Eat more so you stop losing....
  • chelseafxx
    chelseafxx Posts: 251 Member
    Options
    Eat more........
  • myfitnesspale3
    myfitnesspale3 Posts: 276 Member
    Options
    Increase carbs and sugar to stimulate appetite.