Plateau or Something

Hello. I have been attempting to lose weight after having my last baby. I did okay for a few months and then suddenly stopped losing. Since January I have lost 1.8lbs total. I eat 1200 cals a day. I watch the type of calories I eat (not a lot of processed etc), I watch my macros and work out 6 days a week. I usually do an hour of cardio T-F and 2 hours of Cardio and light weights/squats etc on Sat and Sun. I drink at least 100 Oz of water daily. I have tried switching workouts and I don't have any hidden calories. I even log Costco sample calories. Lol I had originally planned on losing 30 lbs by July 1st and now with this 4 month of working for nothing, I would like to still try and lose 15 before then. Any advice on what I can do? I feel like I've tried everything I can think of. I've never had this issue before.

Replies

• LazSommer
    LazSommer Posts: 1,851 Member
    You're not eating 1200 calories a day.
  • shadow2soul
    shadow2soul Posts: 7,692 Member
    Are you using a food scale? If not, then you are eating more than you think.
  • Panda_Poptarts
    Panda_Poptarts Posts: 971 Member
    Were you losing before, or not at all in the past 4 months? A plateau can be very normal, but you should be noticing other changes, like inches lost.
  • callsitlikeiseeit
    callsitlikeiseeit Posts: 8,627 Member
    you are eating more than you think you are.
  • raindawg
    raindawg Posts: 348 Member
    edited April 2016
    Weigh everything, don't eyeball, don't just go by number of servings in a package info. I found when I actually weigh'd what was in a package it was different than what was listed. Once I started weighing just about everything I found I was eating an extra 150 to 200 calories from not being accurate.

Also, how do you know how many calories are in your Costco samples you record?
  • burnsai
    burnsai Posts: 2 Member
    raindawg wrote: »
    Weigh everything, don't eyeball, don't just go by number of servings in a package info. I found when I actually weigh'd what was in a package it was different than what was listed. Once I started weighing just about everything I found I was eating an extra 150 to 200 calories from not being accurate.

I used Costco samples as an example of how incredibly meticulous I am about tracking. But on the rare occasion I do eat something like a costco sample it is very easy to record. They sell the item there and you just enter the serving size.
    I guess I'll start weighing everything. I haven't tried that yet or anything with drasticly low carbs.
    I eat a lot of fresh fruit and veggies. I try to balance everything and I always over estimate calories. For example if I have a serving size of grapes I will log a serving and a half or two servings.
    I know I'm not eating over the amount. This isn't new to me(counting cals etc) but this is the longest plateau I've ever hit.

Thanks everyone who offered valid advice! It is much appreciated.
  • blues4miles
    blues4miles Posts: 1,481 Member
    burnsai wrote: »
    raindawg wrote: »

I used Costco samples as an example of how incredibly meticulous I am about tracking. But on the rare occasion I do eat something like a costco sample it is very easy to record. They sell the item there and you just enter the serving size.
    I guess I'll start weighing everything. I haven't tried that yet or anything with drasticly low carbs.
    I eat a lot of fresh fruit and veggies. I try to balance everything and I always over estimate calories. For example if I have a serving size of grapes I will log a serving and a half or two servings.
    I know I'm not eating over the amount. This isn't new to me(counting cals etc) but this is the longest plateau I've ever hit.

Thanks everyone who offered valid advice! It is much appreciated.

I don't understand how you know how many ounces/grams of grapes you are eating without weighing them...

Packaged serving sizes do not always match the actual. Get a food scale and weigh a slice of bread, you will be surprised.

Also:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vjKPIcI51lU

• chelseafxx
    chelseafxx Posts: 251 Member
    Another 1200 calorie thread WTH!
  • chelseafxx
    chelseafxx Posts: 251 Member
    I argee with the others on weighing your food it's imperative. Even if it's just for a month so you start to learn what an actual portion size is