Clean sober and healthy

Options
joe_moreno
joe_moreno Posts: 2 Member
edited April 2016 in Success Stories
I started at 175 health in 2008 the was prescribed painkillers for my back. Well after that was done i was hooked looking for anything to get by. By 2013 i was a full blown H addict got on the wagon and fell off a dew time but have been good since july of 2015 and have gone from 146 16% bf to 178 7.2%bf and have turned my addiction to my wellbeing. Im actually addicted to the whole process of staying healthing eating right and well of course we cant forget the best part the gym!
"IT WILL HURT.
It will take time.
It will require dedication.
It will require willpower.
You will need to make healthy decisions. it will require sacrifices.
You will need to push your body to its max.
There will be Temptations.
But, i promise you, when you reach your goal,
it will be WORTH IT"

Replies

• joe_moreno
    joe_moreno Posts: 2 Member
    edited April 2016
    Options
    o:)
  • mabinethin
    mabinethin Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    Keep up the good work. Congratulation on your sobriety.
  • laurenshayden
    laurenshayden Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    You are AMAZING. Keep plowing forward!
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 33,943 Member
    Options
    Congratulations on taking back your life! Really well done. :)
  • 1cand0it2
    1cand0it2 Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    Thank you for posting about your success. Many of us are troubled by addiction (it's in my family) and it's comforting to hear a story like yours. It's hard enough to talk about a "regular" weight problem, so I salute your courage here. Thanks again, and Godspeed on your continuing recovery!
  • mlm7126
    mlm7126 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Inspiring! Thanks for sharing!
  • mockchoc
    mockchoc Posts: 6,573 Member
    Options
    B) Very happy for you and yes to the o:) Keep it up.
  • WisconsinFlyAnglerGirl
    Options
    Kudos! I've been sober almost 3 years, quit smoking, and now have lost 58 pounds. Toughest thing in the world to turn your life and around and keep it on a positive path everyday. But you're absolutely right - it's soooo worth it. Keep on keepin' on!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!