Big Guy with Big Goals! (Attempting to lose 200lbs)

Options
its_mal
its_mal Posts: 18 Member
edited April 2016 in Getting Started
Not my first time trying to lose weight but this time I feel a bit more dedicated. I'm trying to lose 200lbs and live a better life. I have a little girl and am trying my damnest to set a good example. I'm transitioning into vegetarianism and would like to talk to anyone looking to lose weight or are into fitness or is a vegetarian.

With that being said, if any of you all want to add me , I'll add you back! Talk to me and I talk back. #weightloss #bigmal #excusesarethetoolsoftheweak

Replies

• RavenLibra
    RavenLibra Posts: 1,737 Member
    Options
    vegetarian??? ewww... I am however into fitness... NOT fanatical about it... BUT since I was diagnosed type 2 diabetic... I need to be informed... feel free to add me... and to talk to me once you have added me... I offer my opinion freely and without being judgy... I do hold my friends accountable for their choices... promote self awareness, and accountability...
  • HealthierRayne
    HealthierRayne Posts: 268 Member
    Options
    I am vegan - I am trying to lose 90+ lbs myself.
    I am also wanting to live a better longer life and am excited that you are starting your journey!
    I have an open diary so you can always take a peak and I am always open to questions about what to try when cutting out meat. I have found a few great items that made my transition easier :smile:
  • mrsmelissacalderon
    mrsmelissacalderon Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I went vegan for a while. NOT EASY, it helped me lose 30 pounds. For me, it was just hard to maintain. I felt hungry. I ended up gaining that 30 back once the holidays hit. This time around I'm just going to eat healthy with small portions of meat and dairy. I'm back on track now, lost 10lbs in 10 days and that includes enjoying a bit of meat and dairy. Find yourself a happy medium. Don't deprive yourself and enjoy your journey. There are lots of healthy alternatives out there nowadays. I have about 150 lbs to lose. If being vegetarian is your happy place, then go for it. It does help shed the pounds quickly, but make sure it's an easy for you to maintain. Good luck to you!
  • Koacyw
    Koacyw Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    What's going on, my man. Started yesterday with a goal of losing 222 pounds. Let's make it happen, man!
  • erikwwikstrom
    erikwwikstrom Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    My heart is with you, man. I have to lose half that, but the struggle will be the same. Have you ever heard of the movie Fat, Sick, And Nearly Dead? Inspiring movie ... really inspiring. And it points toward fresh vegetable juicing. Interesting stuff.

Anyway, good luck to you (and to is all).
  • senennieves
    senennieves Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    not a vegan or vegetarian but i am trying to lose 120 - 140 lbs, i have high blood pressure which i take medication for, trying to get my health and fitness back, feel free to add me, you can do this!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • rakowskidp
    rakowskidp Posts: 231 Member
    Options
    I'm vegetarian and have to watch my protein intake very carefully. Other than that, it's just CICO - making sure I consume fewer calories than I burn.

The dad in me LOVES that you're motivated to set a good example for your daughter!
  • its_mal
    edited April 2016
    Options
    @RavenLibra lol, at first I thought it'd be a tad more difficult but I went a month with no meat back in November so now that I've made the jump, I know what to do to avoid the "eww" lol
  • its_mal
    Options
    @HealthierRayne , sounds awesome! In the long term, I want to become a vegan. I'll definitely write you with any questions that arise! :)
  • its_mal
    Options
    @mrsmelissacalderon 10 pounds in 10 days! You're kicking butt! Lol and yeah, veggie is a lifestyle I've always wanted to incorporate but never had the gusto- if you will- to go for it. I'm a fairly active big guy, cutting out meat and processed foods is something I've worked toward for a while :)
    [
  • its_mal
    Options
    @ejinvt sent.
  • bumsa2016
    bumsa2016 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I am a vegetarian as well. Please feel free to add me.
  • its_mal
    Options
    @erikwwikstrom I have seen it. It's a very interesting documentary. Onward with the struggle!
  • its_mal
    Options
    @senennieves sent!
  • its_mal
    Options
    @rakowskidp dad power! Haha and protein is something I've been sure to monitor.
  • rakowskidp
    Options
    @its_mal right on!

I've just had a few discussions here about macro targets. I don't watch fats or carbs very closely, but somehow seem to hit those targets anyways. Funny how that works out!
  • Panda_Poptarts
    Panda_Poptarts Posts: 971 Member
    Options
    I really, really like meat. Like seriously. You can give me whatever you aren't eating.

I'm halfway into a 150 - 170 lb total weight loss at 80lb down. Feel free to add me if you like.
  • rakowskidp
    Options
    I really, really like meat. Like seriously. You can give me whatever you aren't eating.

I'm halfway into a 150 - 170 lb total weight loss at 80lb down. Feel free to add me if you like.

I like it, too. Unfortunately, it doesn't like me...
  • MezArcher
    MezArcher Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    can add me I have 40ibs to lose!! I am not vegan but I am in to walking!! and fitness
  • tugsandpulls760
    tugsandpulls760 Posts: 206 Member
    Options
    its_mal wrote: »
    Not my first time trying to lose weight but this time I feel a bit more dedicated. I'm trying to lose 200lbs and live a better life. I have a little girl and am trying my damnest to set a good example. I'm transitioning into vegetarianism and would like to talk to anyone looking to lose weight or are into fitness or is a vegetarian.

With that being said, if any of you all want to add me , I'll add you back! Talk to me and I talk back. #weightloss #bigmal #excusesarethetoolsoftheweak

ever consider weightloss surgery i had it done lost 115# so far