Legs rubbing :(

Options
how long before the tops of my thighs stop rubbing.... so embarrasing and I hate it!

according to my measurements already lost 3 cm on my legs not enough to stop the rubbing

Replies

• graysmom2005
    graysmom2005 Posts: 1,882 Member
    Options
    I'm convinced the answer is unfortunately NEVER. I wear I 6 and my legs are 20in and they STILL rub. I teach spinning! And they still RUB. It's not all the time, but if I wear a dress and it's warm out...forget it. I was really hoping it would stop.
  • kettlenic
    kettlenic Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    oh that is *kitten* :(

how the hell are we supposed to cope it is awful!
  • frugalmomsrock
    frugalmomsrock Posts: 1,123
    Options
    Good luck with that. At my lightest adult weight I was in a size 4, and my thighs still rubbed. :(
  • porcelain_doll
    porcelain_doll Posts: 1,005 Member
    Options
    Mine rubbed even when I was thin. It may not go away, but I did find a solution to help. It works pretty well but you have to reapply it throughout the day, depending on how bad they rub. Check it out:

http://www.drugstore.com/monistat-soothing-care-chafing-relief-powder-gel/qxp139254

They came out with it about 6 yrs. back and I took it with me on a mission trip to Mexico where I had to wear skirts every day.

Also: wearing spandex biker shorts underneath a dress can help as well (sucks on really hot days, though).
  • bunchesonothing
    bunchesonothing Posts: 1,015 Member
    Options
    Some people who's thighs don't rub don't like it that they don't.
  • Morglem
    Morglem Posts: 377 Member
    Options
    Well I have noticed that my legs are rubbing less and I just lost maybe 8 lbs, not all that much. I don't remember my legs rubbing when I was at my lighest, so it might depend on your body type?
  • RonniP
    RonniP Posts: 5
    Options
  • douglaswiener
    Options
    Bodyglide makes great products that help with chafing and it really works - http://www.bodyglide.com/
  • jbucci1186
    jbucci1186 Posts: 440 Member
    Options
    it depends on your weight and size, i think. i had that problem for the first SEVERAL months of this process. i recommend boxer briefs or compression shorts to wear under your clothes while exercising. don't wear anything too baggy either. also, baby bowder or medicated powder (specifically for chafing) works great if you have any pain- makes it go away by the next day or so. put it on before and after exercise. if you keep at it, it should stop or at least become less of a problem before you know it!

hope that helps!
  • Stagezz
    Stagezz Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    My thighs are always in eachothers way....

"excuse me, Pardon me, excuse me, Pardon me..." lol:laugh:
  • SugarHighAbbie
    Options
    I'm a UK size 12 and my legs rub awfully in Summer and if I walk for a while outside. It can get really painful and sore. My friends laugh when I say I chafe in the heat cause they think it only happens to really large people but I'm sure it happens to most women who wear dresses/skirts in the warm weather?
    My Mum recommends Lanacane gel...dunno if they do it in the US but you can get it from Boots and chemists in the UK :)
  • ChantalGG
    ChantalGG Posts: 2,404 Member
    Options
    Mine are starting to get better but it i also in your posture. Shoulders back, chest up, belly in, stick your pelvis back a bit and walk tall. Just doing this will make you look 10 lbs lighter, and condition your belly to stay put. i am telling you I can do before and after pics and just by doing this i will look inches thinner and is reshapes the body.
  • evertongirl
    evertongirl Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    My thighs are always in eachothers way....

"excuse me, Pardon me, excuse me, Pardon me..." lol:laugh:

LOL - I love it - will remember that next time I can feel them starting to rub!
  • marie_2454
    marie_2454 Posts: 881 Member
    Options
    I hate this too! I think it's getting better though. They still rub, but not near as much and it's not too bad. I just hate that whenever I wear shorts they ride up some...ugh
  • Fochizzy
    Fochizzy Posts: 505 Member
    Options
    I don't remember mine rubbing together when I was skinny so I assume someday it will stop again for me. But yeah it epically sucks, I call it "heat rash" and tend to just give up on skirts all together because it hurts.
  • Jellyphant
    Jellyphant Posts: 1,400 Member
    Options
    Even when I weighed almost 100 lbs less than I do now, my thighs still rubbed. I guess it's just your personal structure?
  • stefraab
    stefraab Posts: 402 Member
    Options
    I would love for this to no longer be an issue for me. I always wear out pants in the crotch first. Drives me insane and it's so embarrassing.

I've basically lost inches from everywhere but my thighs though. I don't forsee this going away any time soon. I'm pear-shaped though.
  • ohnuts14
    ohnuts14 Posts: 197
    Options
    Some of my thinnest friends even have that problem. Unfortunately women tend to be gifted in the thigh areas, which doesn't always feel like such a gift. =P All you can do is take preventive measures; if you're wearing a dress wear stockings or leggings, if you don't want people to see the stockings get the short kind that stays hidden under your dress. When wearing pants or what not, use baby powder. I actually like using lotion, and once that dries, putting baby powder over it, I find that works better than just using baby powder.
  • kgool
    kgool Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    Heck yeah, I have lost 50 lbs and nearly 40 since I started MFP and I can still help my son's Cub Scout pack start a campfire with the friction my thighs create if I needed to. I guess it could come in handy in a survival situation.
  • SabrinaJL
    SabrinaJL Posts: 1,579 Member
    Options
    I hate this thread. I always assumed once I lost the weight, the thighs would no longer be such good friends. This has just pulled the hope rug right out from under me. Lol