I am eating healthy I think

Options
And drinking enough water, I just don't get how I can't poop. Sorry tmi but I hate not being able to poop
Any help ?

Replies

• frankeuro
    frankeuro Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    More fiber! Try fiber gummies they work great and taste like candy
  • ellenfleischman
    ellenfleischman Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    raisins without sugar coating & bran
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    Sabine_Stroehm Posts: 19,263 Member
    Options
    Can I suggest opening your diary (at least for a few days) so folks can see what you're eating and therefore give more informed advice?

Something like "raisins" or "fiber" is pretty meaningless without knowing what you're eating.

cheers
  • positivepowers
    positivepowers Posts: 902 Member
    Options
    If these don't help, try a stool softener like docusate sodium. It's not really a laxative and you can take it for awhile until you're back on schedule. BTW you can use the docusate sodium together with fiber sources.
  • diannethegeek
    diannethegeek Posts: 14,776 Member
    Options
    Are you getting plenty of fiber, fluids, and fat in your diet?
  • TribeHokie
    TribeHokie Posts: 711 Member
    Options
    http://www.bustle.com/articles/144510-the-poop-button-is-a-real-thing-and-it-might-solve-all-of-your-constipation-problems

Not even joking. Check it out.

As for dietary reasons, when you eat less you will have less to pass and perhaps do it less frequently. Also if you've started consuming more of your calories through smoothies or shakes you might poo less.
  • jennie361
    jennie361 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Iv had this problem for years. Over use of laxatives left my bowl lazy and has took me around 18months to fix filling myself up with fiber left me bloated and in pain. fish oil and magnesium tablets daily and 2 cups of green tea r what helped a lot.
  • yirara
    yirara Posts: 9,563 Member
    Options
    jennie361 wrote: »
    Iv had this problem for years. Over use of laxatives left my bowl lazy and has took me around 18months to fix filling myself up with fiber left me bloated and in pain. fish oil and magnesium tablets daily and 2 cups of green tea r what helped a lot.

Magnesium is a laxative!
  • JessHealthKick
    JessHealthKick Posts: 800 Member
    Options
    TribeHokie wrote: »

As for dietary reasons, when you eat less you will have less to pass and perhaps do it less frequently. Also if you've started consuming more of your calories through smoothies or shakes you might poo less.

Not necessarily, if you're cutting calories by improving what you eat it'd probably mean more to pass. Recently I've cut down calories and gone from dense, high calorie foods to lots and lots of fruit and veg and let me tell you... I have a lot more to pass ;)
  • LivingtheLeanDream
    LivingtheLeanDream Posts: 13,342 Member
    edited April 2016
    Options
    Try hot water with lemon first thing, that can help. Prunes also are great for getting things moving.

It's likely you aren't eating enough fibre though....

ps do you exercise? that's the best way to keep regular, keeping moving in body seems to keep everything else moving too LOL