Would love for this to work...

Options
And I know the only thing from letting it work is me! I have never posted anything on a message board before. But I thought it might help to introduce myself. :smile:

I am amazed on how easy it was to gain 25lbs in the last 3 years. I want to have reasonable expectations but I would love to lose even 10lbs.

So, I am not sure how this following each other's progress works but I will be happy to buddy up with anyone!

Thanks!

Jane

Replies

• Bella0608
    Bella0608 Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    Hi Jane
    good luck on your journey
    Claire :)
  • utaviator
    utaviator Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    Welcome! Please add me as a friend because I am new also. I love this community posting...you can find answers to lots of questions!
  • RNewton4269
    RNewton4269 Posts: 663 Member
    Options
    Welcome to MFP! You can do this....and it will work....you just have to work the program and be accountable. This site is great for that...and it is also awesome on the support end. Feel free to add me as a friend...

:)
  • Kelly_Wilson1990
    Kelly_Wilson1990 Posts: 3,245 Member
    Options
    Welcome Jane!!
  • Gottagetfit4me
    Gottagetfit4me Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    I just recently found this site and have found so much inspiration already from others :-) Feel free to add me!
  • calimari
    calimari Posts: 202 Member
    Options
    Welcome! I've tried all sorts of different diets for 20 years. I just joined here 5 weeks ago & lost 10 lbs. I would have gained & lost that same 10 lbs over 9 months on weight watchers. You just have to understand you are trying to break bad habits and change your lifestyle - not follow a temporary diet. It's really helping me!
  • Morglem
    Morglem Posts: 377 Member
    Options
    You can add me! Good kuck in your jorney!
  • ChantalGG
    ChantalGG Posts: 2,404 Member
    Options
    Hey I gained 29 lbs in 3 years, i know where you are coming from. :) i started a month and a half a go on here and i am now 10lbs from my goal weight! This is a great site.
  • byrdfam5
    byrdfam5 Posts: 5
    Options
    Hi Jane,
    You are right, the only standing in your way is you. However, you sound motivated and that is a big part of being successful. I promise you that it works! You hang in there and I know you can meet whatever goal you set :)
    Amanda
  • Gottagetfit4me
    Gottagetfit4me Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    You just have to understand you are trying to break bad habits and change your lifestyle - not follow a temporary diet.
    I totally agree!
  • girliegirl1822
    girliegirl1822 Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    welcome this is a great site :happy:
  • pennyv73
    pennyv73 Posts: 9
    Options
    I'm new on here too. So far I love it! Lots of great info & support. If you have a smart phone there are mobile apps, that's what I've mostly been using & it makes it really easy to stay on target.

Please feel free to add me as well
  • symphonika
    symphonika Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    yes it's amazing how easy it is to put on the weight, and how hard and frustrating it is to keep it off. But with the right determination you will get there!! Feel free to add me for some extra support :]
  • carolj53
    carolj53 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Hi, I am new to this website also but I have found it very, very motivating. It really helps me keep track of the calories and food that I eat in a day. I have gained more weight than I care to mention over the last 25 years so I know it is going to be a slow journey to lose it all....but I am determined. Stay the course and you will do fine!
  • JeanneGreenie
    JeanneGreenie Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    Congrats on taking the first step! It takes a lot of people years to just get there :) I can't wait to see you suceed on your journey!
  • write2sonya
    write2sonya Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    Welcome . There is loads of great information on this site plus a great support group :smile:

Feel free to add me :)
  • KatieJane83
    KatieJane83 Posts: 2,002 Member
    Options
    Welcome! I have found this site and the app on my phone to be invaluable! Feel free to friend me if you're looking for a little extra support!