week 3 C25K

Options
jend114
jend114 Posts: 1,058 Member
Anyone else on week 3? Could use some people that are on the same week so we can motivate each other

Replies

• brewingPHX
    brewingPHX Posts: 284 Member
    Options
    I'm doing my second run of Week 9 today (last week!). All I can say is just push through. Week 4 seems to be a bit harder, at least for me. Then it didn't get real challenging until week 7 I think...speaking from my perspective lol.
  • wonko221
    wonko221 Posts: 292 Member
    Options
    I'm on week 6, not 3. But that's no reason we can't motivate eachother!

I struggled at the end of Week 1 Day 1. I've never been a runner. But i took each day as a challenge, and i have made it through.

When i first downloaded the app, my entire concern was not embarrassing myself too bad at a charity 5k i agreed to walk/run with my girlfriend and some of our friends. By Week 3 or 4 i noticed how good i felt after running in the morning, and started thinking ahead to running regularly.

Now i'm sure - i run my charity 5k in a few days; after, i will continue through the end of the c25k program, and keep running. Haven't decided to push myself to 10k or beyond, just yet, but i expect i'll be running 5k 3 times per week, and then increasing days per week, then pace, then distance in the months and years to come.

Keep at it, jend114. You've got this!
  • sparklyglitterbomb
    sparklyglitterbomb Posts: 458 Member
    edited April 2016
    Options
    I'm on week 3! :)
    I made it through day 1 Monday and didn't die! (lifetime non-runner... so that's a big deal to me. )
  • callmecarina
    callmecarina Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    I'm doing day 2 of week 3 today during lunch! I finished week 3 about 3 weeks ago, then got side tracked and started again at week 2. Good decision for me because I had trouble running all the way through even on week 2 workouts, so I know I had to build up again.

I ran week 3 day 1 yesterday and was pleasantly surprised that I was able to jog the whole 3 minutes both times without DYING. I'm looking forward to today's workout!
  • RespectTheKitty
    RespectTheKitty Posts: 1,667 Member
    Options
    I'm on week 4, so just a little bit ahead of you. So far I haven't had any major issues, but I had a little bit of running and walking experience prior to starting. Looking ahead to week 5 -- THAT looks like it'll be a challenge!
  • ssakcik
    ssakcik Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    I'm on week 4. Was meant to do day 2 today but I chickened out of running today for the first time... Think it would have been more of a mini mini mini triathlon ( without the cycling)... So not really a triathlon at all lol... It was snowing and raining at the same time..
  • saramickeydee
    saramickeydee Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    Started week 4 yesterday. It just keeps getting better! Good luck!
  • enterdanger
    enterdanger Posts: 2,447 Member
    Options
    Week 5 really kicked my *kitten* when I did c25k a couple of years ago. I did have some weeks I had to repeat until they weren't such a struggle. Don't be afraid of repeating weeks if necessary. I also usually walked for 10 minutes prior to turning on the app. I think for a new runner (and many frequent runners) 5 minutes is just not long enough to warm up.
  • jordanamrussell
    jordanamrussell Posts: 40 Member
    edited April 2016
    Options
    I'm doing my last day of week 2 today then it'll be onto week 3 on Saturday for me!

Ive done the program before and made it to week 6 (that first 20min run in week 5 was crazy) then I did a color run and quit running for awhile. But c25k is truly awesome, and for me running is more mental than anything. I have to start out thinking positive or I won't make it past the very first run.
  • Sklahsen
    Sklahsen Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    i started week 3 yesterday! looking forward to day 2 tomorrow!
  • Heartlight441
    Heartlight441 Posts: 278 Member
    Options
    Week 4, Day 2 is tomorrow!
  • briscogun
    briscogun Posts: 1,135 Member
    Options
    There's a C25K group here in the MFP forums. Just search under groups, it was very supportive when I went through it a few months ago. All kinds of folks at all levels checking in.

Good luck!
  • katchik99
    katchik99 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I just did week 3 day 1 today! The 3 minute run scared me but I did it!!
  • jend114
    jend114 Posts: 1,058 Member
    Options
    I'm on week 5 day 2 today and I think I'll be repeating week 5 day 1 again. I don't think I can run for 8 minutes