Grocery List Ideas

Options
Hi there, I have kind of entered into a lull with my shopping list and healthy food ideas and options to purchase. I used to overdo it on the chicken breast, egg white and frozen veggie classic combo and now am very just tired of those. Lately I have been eating alot of the smart pop kettle corn bags and oatmeal with various frozen veggies. Soon that will become monotonous.

Post your classic shopping combos and any ideas of new healthy products to purchase please:)

Replies

• kandell
    kandell Posts: 473 Member
    Options
    Canned tuna
    Apples
    Frozen berries
    Oranges
    Pears
    Potatoes
    Cheese
  • alittlelife14
    alittlelife14 Posts: 339 Member
    Options
    Thanks:) I like frozen berries a lot for my oatmeal and stuff.
  • cathipa
    cathipa Posts: 2,991 Member
    Options
    Cottage cheese, Laughing cow wedges, frozen berries, Greek yogurt (plain), Fairlife milk (especially chocolate), Edemame noodles, Dry bean soup mixes, Canned black beans and chickpeas, Frozen peas (makes a great faux guacamole), shrimp.
  • kaaaayla
    kaaaayla Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    sarsather wrote: »

I dip blueberries in some flavored yogurt and freeze them. DELISH.

I've also been into making these little tiny sandwiches with deli meat and cucumber slices instead of bread. And then I dip them in some kind of condiment like mustard. Super low calorie and cute too. Could add cheese or a cherry tomato or something too.

But for real meals, I go on pinterest. Make 2 low-cal recipes a week, divide them into servings before I put them in the fridge so they're ready to go and portion controlled, then freeze whatever I don't eat in a week. When I pull them out of the freezer, the recipe will still be in MFP ready for me to log it again.
  • jessicarenee326
    jessicarenee326 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I get

Spinach
    Broccoli
    Lettuce
    Spaghetti squash
    Onion
    Peppers
    Mushrooms

Strawberries
    Blueberries

Chicken
    Ground turkey
    Steak or pork
    Turkey Breakfast sausage links

Eggs

Coconut almond milk

• jessicarenee326
    jessicarenee326 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Oh I forgot low carb pita
  • nixxthirteen
    nixxthirteen Posts: 280 Member
    Options
    Tortillas
    Canned chicken
    Lean deli meats
    Chocolate cream cheese
    Zucchini
    Spinach
    Spring mix
    Various vinegars
    Special K cracker chips
    Asparagus
    Green beans
    Boneless skinless chicken thighs
    Tomatoes
    Light rye bread
    Tzatziki
    Lentils
    Canned beans
    Cashew milk (unsweetened)
    Bananas
    Kashi bars
    Liberte Greek yogurt
    Amooza string cheese
    Broccoli
    Turkey pepperettes
    Salsa

I like to sautee fresh veggies in soy sauce mixed with rice vinegar, and either add chickpeas or a eat with a lean meat or fish, and 100g cooked jasmine rice.

I also LOVE drizzling asparagus with olive oil, adding salt and pepper, and baking until they're shriveled and sweet.

Steamed broccoli with lemon juice is also a common go-to side dish.

Crock pot turkey chili can be frozen in batches for MONTHS and goes well on a little bit of spaghetti. Lean ground turkey, kidney and black beans, mushrooms, onions, diced tomatoes... Basically anything you want in there. Simmers all day and is sooo good.

Tonight I tossed chicken pieces in some paprika, cumin, chili powder, and then broiled on both sides. Then I brushed on a honey and cider vinegar mix, and broiled for another 3 min. The spicy and sweet combo tastes awesome.

There is so much you can do with chicken, veg, and rice :)
  • martyqueen52
    martyqueen52 Posts: 1,120 Member
    Options
    I've been on a tuna kick lately. I've been buying the Starkist little pouch flavored ones (ranch is amazing), pairing it up with mayo and a few cut up dill pickles.
  • upoffthemat
    upoffthemat Posts: 679 Member
    Options
    kaaaayla wrote: »
    sarsather wrote: »

I dip blueberries in some flavored yogurt and freeze them. DELISH.

I've also been into making these little tiny sandwiches with deli meat and cucumber slices instead of bread. And then I dip them in some kind of condiment like mustard. Super low calorie and cute too. Could add cheese or a cherry tomato or something too.

But for real meals, I go on pinterest. Make 2 low-cal recipes a week, divide them into servings before I put them in the fridge so they're ready to go and portion controlled, then freeze whatever I don't eat in a week. When I pull them out of the freezer, the recipe will still be in MFP ready for me to log it again.

I do frozen berries in yogurt as a dessert for a long while.
    I wrap a pickle in deli meat with mustard, sometimes will use a little cream cheese, it takes time to make them and helps me to slow down my eating.
  • alittlelife14
    alittlelife14 Posts: 339 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone for your feedback :-) some of your postings inspired my grocery shopping purchases tonight haha
  • kkgines333
    kkgines333 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Spinach
    Sweet potatoes
    Bell peppers
    Carrots
    Zuchini
    Red onion
    Avocado
    Eggs

Tuna
    Chicken
    Ground turkey
    Tilapia
    Salmon

Brown rice
    Corn tortillas
    90 calorie sandwhich thins

Salsa

Frozen berries
    Pears
    Grapefruit
    Cottage cheese
    Dannon light and fit 80 Calorie Greek yogurt

100 calorie smart pop
    Reduced fat Pringles ( 15 chips = 70 calories)

Sweet potato and chicken bowls are filling and delicious. Also rice, chicken, bell pepper, and red onion make delicious fajita bowls with a couple tablespoons of salsa on top! Another easy meal is shredded chicken mixed with mashed avocado on a sandwhich thin.