Uterine prolapse ladies?

Options
redraidergirl2009
redraidergirl2009 Posts: 2,560 Member
edited March 2016 in Motivation and Support
I was recently diagnosed with mild uterine prolapse and I'm looking for other ladies to talk to about it who are also trying to lose weight but cannot do much, if any exercise. Feel free to pm me if you don't want to post.

Replies

• meggers123
    meggers123 Posts: 711 Member
    Options
    Have you tried vaginal weights? I didn't have this, but my midwife suggested those (and kegels) after I had my son to help strengthen everything down there.
  • llbrixon
    llbrixon Posts: 964 Member
    Options
    Kegal exercises work wonders!
  • try2again
    try2again Posts: 3,562 Member
    Options
    My mother had severe prolapse and I sympathize! However, don't feel you're at a disadvantage due to a lack of exercise. I exercise regularly for fitness, but those numbers honestly have little impact on my weight loss. Calories are king! Be sure to choose a modest weekly weight loss goal so your calorie allowance will be sustainable and not make you feel deprived, and then just stick to it like glue! Wishing you the best :)
  • hzl22
    hzl22 Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    Pelvic floor exercises and core strength exercises and what previous post said focus on calorie counting
  • WestslopeCutty
    WestslopeCutty Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    I bit the bullet and bought the Hab-It DVD. I did my first workout with it this morning, and my goal is to be consistent and work back up to my weight training. I also want to start running again, but am going to give it at least another month. I'm 6weeks post-partum.
  • m0n0fx
    m0n0fx Posts: 23 Member
    edited April 2016
    Options
    I do the Hab-it workouts as well. I had four kids close together and my pelvic floor is a mess. I miss doing higher intensity workouts, but the ones on the Hab-it DVD do seem to be helping some. For weight loss I am trying to keep better track of calories, and get more steps in daily.
  • snowflake954
    snowflake954 Posts: 8,399 Member
    Options
    Sorry I can't remember the thread, but it was so helpful on this subject. It linked to a blog by a doctor (woman) who was pregnant and suffering from this problem so she started experimenting and researching. She found squats help rebuild "down there". I started to up my bodyweight squats to 30 at a time, per day, and am seeing a difference. Squats are good for your butt, so you can't go wrong doing them. I plan to up my number and then add weights when I get to 50. I have been doing kegels for 5 years, and they help, but am seeing more results with squats. If you're very overweight you can start by using a chair. Stand and place your hands on the chair back and crouch as low as you can comfortably go at first. Even if you just start with 5 reps and then up them slowly every week. Then try to do lower (butt to the floor--not really, but think of it that way), and then get rid of the chair. Careful to not strain your knees.
  • redraidergirl2009
    redraidergirl2009 Posts: 2,560 Member
    Options
    well I'm going to the doctor next week...I'm hoping to get more info and maybe get cleared to do some exercise. Really miss kickboxing.