What are ways to exercise at home?

Options
I am trying eat healthy again ,but I don't know how I could exercise at home. Like I got the nutrition down but trying to figure out the fitness side of it.

Replies

• capaul42
    capaul42 Posts: 1,390 Member
    Options
    Fitness blender has some great workout videos. And most of it doesn't require any equipment.
    You can also do bodyweight exercises, like pushups, lunges, squats, planks...
  • penelopepittstopper
    Options
    you could also pick up a set of dumbbells from Amazon with adjustable weights for only £29.99 and as you get your form perfect on body weight squats and lunges you could then add the weights for progressive overload.
  • chelseascounter
    chelseascounter Posts: 1,283 Member
    Options
    Jump rope
  • StealthHealth
    StealthHealth Posts: 2,417 Member
    Options
    Cardio: Running, Walking, jump-rope, or as @capaul42 says fitness videos are good.

Strength work: look into Mark Lauren's "You Are Your Own Gym" book or Convict Conditioning.
  • picnic2day
    picnic2day Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    Youtube is your friend, you can find everything on there. I just shut myself in the front room for an hour or so I the morning, can chop and change as the mood suits you.
  • angelxsss
    angelxsss Posts: 2,402 Member
    Options
    I love Blogilates on youtube. You only need a yoga mat! And she schedules out workouts for the whole month and puts the videos into playlists for each day, so it makes it super easy. And she's really good at showing modifications for the moves.
  • goldthistime
    goldthistime Posts: 3,214 Member
    Options
    Stairs! I do 10 flights at a time multiple times in the day. Takes no time at all.
  • jessicarobinson00
    jessicarobinson00 Posts: 414 Member
    Options
    Couple things I do with only my body:
    -Pushups: 3 sets/8-16 reps
    -Body weight squats: 3 sets/20 reps
    -Burpees: 3 sets/8-20 reps
    -Jumping Jacks: 3 sets/25-50 reps
    -Tricep dips off a chair: 3 sets/8-12 reps

Do 1 set of each not stopping...rest for 1 minute...repeat second set and so on..

Pick up a set of dumbbells...and your options multiply!!
    -Rows
    -Overhead Press
    -DB bench press
    -Fly's
    -Tricep Kickback
    -Weighted Squats
    -Weighted lunges

• Ultima_Morpha
    Ultima_Morpha Posts: 895 Member
    Options
    I bought a set of kettle bells from Groupon and do Jillian Michaels Shred It with Weights to great success.
  • Spliner1969
    Spliner1969 Posts: 3,233 Member
    edited April 2016
    Options
    I am a big advocate of walking. Get out of the house, enjoy the sun, take some music with you. I lost half of my 114 lbs just by walking every day for the first six months of my journey. The second half I added in an elliptical to keep things going but I could have just kept walking if I had to.

In the winter I even walked INSIDE the house. I walked from my kitchen to a back bedroom and back over and over and over. I was dedicated. Drove the wife crazy all winter but I refused to sit on my *kitten* and loose all my progress!
  • miss_aims
    miss_aims Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    My barbell and dumbbells are my workout buddies. Take up minimal space, and get a good workout!
  • robot_potato
    robot_potato Posts: 1,535 Member
    Options
    miss_aims wrote: »
    My barbell and dumbbells are my workout buddies. Take up minimal space, and get a good workout!

This. Mine live behind my couch and come out to play when the kids are in bed.
  • mk2fit
    mk2fit Posts: 730 Member
    Options
    I agree with @Spliner1969. Walking and running are free and can be done anywhere...no internet or electricity required. Most of my 70+ lbs lost were this way. You can pick up a cheap elliptical at WalMart. Exercise videos are free and plentiful on youtube. Best wishes to you in your journey.