No self controll

Options
I always make an excuse to eat bad stuff. I wish I could do moderation but for me it's impossible! Idk what to do I want to eat good!

Replies

• Beastie1982
    Beastie1982 Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    First you need to change your thinking. In your post you already denied that change is impossible in your case. You`re making excuses to eat bad stuff now you should find excuses to stop.
  • bigdish71
    bigdish71 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    What kind of food is the biggest issue? Sugar, Grain carbs (bread, pasta) or high fat foods?
  • AbrielJaz
    AbrielJaz Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Carb
  • leahkathleen13
    leahkathleen13 Posts: 272 Member
    Options
    Are you eating enough protein and fat? I just started pouring olive oil on chicken breast and eating that. It holds my appetite well. Best wishes and don't give up no matter what!
  • dramaqueen45
    dramaqueen45 Posts: 1,009 Member
    Options
    While I am a proponent of having nothing off limits, there are certain foods that are triggers and I can binge on if they are in the house - potato chips and cookies primarily. I will eat way more than I mean to especially if I come home hungry. So I just don't keep that stuff around and I try to eat high protein and healthy fats to help keep me feeling full. I try to keep some low calorie sweet things around for those evenings when I just want something sweet- such as low calorie hot cocoa or some of those rice crisps that are like 60 calories for an ounce or even sugar free pudding.
  • bigdish71
    bigdish71 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Carbs is a tough one, that is my weakness as well. I love bread an pasta and when I slip it is usually there. I try and get the most bang for my buck in when I do, like Dave's Killer Bread (21 grain) is a very stout bread filled with good complex carbs and fiber and tastes amazing. Non GMO and gluten free etc. I load it up with chicken or turkey and veggies and put in work! :) Pasta, I go wheat pasta, no it isn't the same but volumizing the side dish with veggies, olive oil and seasoning makes a little pasta go a long way. I find I get more satisfaction eating pasta throughout my meal than all at one time, typically I eat only one food item until gone (weird I know :))
  • AbrielJaz
    AbrielJaz Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Thanks lol I'll prob try that
  • vrawnks
    vrawnks Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Keep a reminder for yourself on your fridge. Stock your cabinets with healthy snacks ( i usually have apple sauce, raisins, stovetop popcorn kernels) what i try to do isnt keeping myself from eating a snack when i want one, it is providing myself with those healthy options when i am thinking of bad ones lol. I even replaced my ice cream with 150 calorie bags of cut up frozen bananas, and when i want something sweet, i throw one bag full into the food processor with some stevia, cashew milk and cocoa powder and have a treat. I also find tea helps because it has a flavor and some sweetness, but no calories (with the right sweetener). Pickles for a salt fix!
  • woznube7
    woznube7 Posts: 537 Member
    Options
    Carbs are my best friend. It is HARD!!! Do not give up. Maybe portion them out? That way you're not going overboard. You don't have to "deprive" yourself, but you can have it in moderation. Baby steps! @ABSSJull