Contemplating HCG Program

Options
2»

Replies

• Bertrole
    Bertrole Posts: 2
    Options
    Of course you'll lose weight eating 500 calories a day. You're at a huge calorie deficit, but it is by no means healthy. The HCG injections also have no proven scientific benefit. An extract from one of the scientific studies done on HCG states the following:

----
    Chorionic gonadotropin in weight control. A double-blind crossover study.Young RL, Fuchs RJ, Woltjen MJ.JAMA. 1976 Nov 29;236(22):2495-7.

Two hundred two patients participated in a double-blind random cross-over study of the effectiveness of human chorionic gonadotropin (HCG) vs placebo in a wieght reduction program. Serial measurements were made of weight, skin-fold thickness, dropout rates, reasons for dropping out, and patient subjective response. There was no statistically significant difference between those receiving HCG vs placebo during any phase of this study
    ---

And another

---

Human Chorionic Gonadotropin (HCG) in the Treatment of Obesity
    A Critical Assessment of the Simeons Method. Frank Greenway and George Bray. West J Med. 1977 December; 127(6): 461--463.

Injections of human chorionic gonadotropin (HCG) have been claimed to aid in weight reduction by reducing hunger, and affecting mood as well as aiding in localized (spot) reduction. We have tested these claims in a double-blind randomized trial using injections of HCG or placebo. Weight loss was identical between the two groups, and there was no evidence for differential effects on hunger, mood or localized body measurements. Placebo injections, therefore, appear to be as effective as HCG in the treatment of obesity.

---

But those tests state nothing about the after affects. I've found that those who were on the HCG and followed the program properly after did not gain any weight or not as much weight as the people who used the placebo. Yes the 500 calories is the reason you lose the weight. One of the reasons for the HCG shot is to have your body take the fat from the proper areas, and not to take the fat that covers your vital organs. Like I said I did it, followed it exactly as told. Lost 40 lbs, and have maintaned it. Would I recommend this to everyone, or will it work for everyone. . . probably not. Is this a healthy way to go, hell no! For me it was a jump start, I lost my weight, then got back back into the gym, am working hard, and keeping to a strict diet. If someone does the HCG then when they are done go back to their old habits, of course they are going to gain it back, and probably quicker then normal too. Now I'm not preaching for anyone to go and do it, but for me and the people around me that have done it, and did it correctly, it did work for us. And who knows it may work for you, but like people have said, do your own research. And for the prior post about exercising while on HCG, I would not do so. If you do, it's light excerise. One of things with that is, it speeds up your heart rate more than normal when you excerice too much while on HCG, and could cause issues like heart attacks. So that you have to be really careful of too.
  • Driagnor
    Driagnor Posts: 323 Member
    Options
    But those tests state nothing about the after affects. I've found that those who were on the HCG and followed the program properly after did not gain any weight or not as much weight as the people who used the placebo. Yes the 500 calories is the reason you lose the weight. One of the reasons for the HCG shot is to have your body take the fat from the proper areas, and not to take the fat that covers your vital organs. Like I said I did it, followed it exactly as told. Lost 40 lbs, and have maintaned it. Would I recommend this to everyone, or will it work for everyone. . . probably not. Is this a healthy way to go, hell no! For me it was a jump start, I lost my weight, then got back back into the gym, am working hard, and keeping to a strict diet. If someone does the HCG then when they are done go back to their old habits, of course they are going to gain it back, and probably quicker then normal too. Now I'm not preaching for anyone to go and do it, but for me and the people around me that have done it, and did it correctly, it did work for us. And who knows it may work for you, but like people have said, do your own research. And for the prior post about exercising while on HCG, I would not do so. If you do, it's light excerise. One of things with that is, it speeds up your heart rate more than normal when you excerice too much while on HCG, and could cause issues like heart attacks. So that you have to be really careful of too.

Again, there's no scientific evidence that HCG has any beneficial effects. If you look at the link that I put up earlier in the thread, it shows the results of 9 scientific studies conducted since 1973, only one of which shows any weight loss improvement with HCG injections. In that study the researchers suggested that this may be as a result of the placebo effect. I also haven't seen any peer reviewed studies which prove that HCG makes you lose fat from specific areas. Conventional knowledge says that targeted fat loss isn't possible.

I am an advocate for people doing what works for them. However, to spend a bunch of money on something which has no proven beneficial effects and puts you on a severely restrictive diet, is both a waste of money and unhealthy.

I applaud you on keeping off the 40lbs though - most people can't maintain their weight loss, and that's something to be proud of. You seem to have gone back into maintenance mode in the right way.
  • klabeau
    klabeau Posts: 261 Member
    Options
    I've spent $45.00 a month for drops. After two weeks of of hcg, my regualr doctor took my off my blood pressure meds of 11 years. That to me made it worth it right there. I've lost 39 lbs since April. I have lots of engery and am healthier than I have been in years. If it's the placebo effect, bring it on! It's helped me get healthy!
  • stefraab
    stefraab Posts: 402 Member
    Options
    Another HCG thread....

2w2efep.jpg

Fellow Redditor?

don't go to reddit. it gave my computer like, a really bad virus. ;)
  • misstanyamarie
    misstanyamarie Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    I've decided against HCG and going to do the Eat Clean Diet
  • stefraab
    stefraab Posts: 402 Member
    Options
    good call! eating is better than not :-)