A weight roller coaster.

Options
Hello. 28/male 6' 286 lbs. I lost 90 lbs in 2012 (from 300 down to close to 210) and gained it all back over the course of 3 years. Now I am trying to lose it again. In 2012 I did it by being extreme, I went from a typical American fast food and sugar diet to a mostly vegetarian zero sugar crash diet. As soon as i gave in to a little temptation I was back on the trashfood bandwagon hard. Now I am trying to make changes more gradually so hopefully they stick. I would love to have an accountability buddy!

Replies

• robboughton
    robboughton Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    Very similar weight to me - feel free to add me. What weight are you aiming for?

Are you just counting calories or are you also exercising?
  • NHDaisy2
    NHDaisy2 Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    Good luck. I am the same way - I need to make changes gradually in order for me to be successful.
  • tranquilpaths
    tranquilpaths Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    @robboughton I found that I was consuming around 4k calories a day after I began tracking again. I dropped that down to 2250. I want a more gradual weight-loss to help combat loose skin. My long term goal weight is 200lbs. I would be extremely happy to see 250 again soon. My job is fairly physically demanding so I am usually too tired after work long 10 to 12 hours a day to do exercise after work. I also run a small farm st home so I get plenty of exercise shoveling manure and doing manual tilling in my garden. I figure that instead of doing exercise for exercise sake I can expend the same amount of effort and energy being productive at home. Not a knock on going to the gym, or anything at all.
  • mikichrisman
    mikichrisman Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Wishing you great success. This is such a mental thing with us all. I did the 3 year thing too...I agree that lowering your calories gradually and finding ways to eat that you can live with forever is best. I too struggle with exactly what that means. My worst issues are when food is out and present and when I'm alone, bored or sad (ABS). Add me on if you would like, I would love to take the journey with others.
  • blonde_passion
    blonde_passion Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    I went through the exact same thing as you. Went too extreme too quickly but then gained it all back. I can comfortably say that the gradual thing works wonders (that's what I've been doing now for years, and I've had no backlash). Slow and steady wins the race. All the best, you can do it!