I need to lose 70 pounds

Options
Hello I'm new and I need to lose 70 pounds

Replies

• lajtaylor
    lajtaylor Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Hi hope you have had a successful day! I would love to lose 70 lbs too but I'm trying to think about this journey in much smaller steps--4%, 6%, 10%...Doesn't sound as intimidating that way! I know it's just a mind game but got to do what works for me! Best of luck to you!
  • Angel_Eyes1975
    Angel_Eyes1975 Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    hey sweetie I am in the same boat my goal is 70 pounds :)
  • RA60172
    RA60172 Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    Hey feel free to add me. My goal is to lose 90 pounds, and I'm 36 pounds in.
  • TxTiffani
    TxTiffani Posts: 798 Member
    Options
    Welcome! Proud moment when you decide to change life for the better
  • moto450
    moto450 Posts: 334 Member
    Options
    you can do it. It's all about consistency. I lost 70 pounds a few years ago and I've been maintaining for a while.I'm cheering for you!
  • dlkfox
    dlkfox Posts: 463 Member
    Options
    Me, too!
  • alexismastrodonato943
    Options
    My goal is 44 more pounds by the 4th of July. Break it down into smaller goals that are much easier to obtain. I have broken mine down into loosing 4-5 pounds a week. Replace 2 meals a week with a healthy salad and 1 with fish. Bike for an HR 3 times a week. Dance like a fool with my daughter for 30 min twice a week. Go to the gym at least twice a week for an hour. Stay away from the vending machine at work at all costs! Eat more fruit. Drink only water during the day (other than the coffee I need to avoid being a mom-bie lol) and then I can have juice or tea with dinner. Walk for 30 min EVERY day! Even if that means I walk the dock or through the parking lot on my lunch break. If your family are tv watchers (we def are sometimes!) jog in place or do jumping jacks or anything to be active during commercials. Watch your portions (I actually counted out 55 gold fish crackers today because I was dying for some pizza flavored gold fish! If I didn't I'd eat the whole bag lol) and allow yourself one cheat day or meal a week just don't over do it. When you try to completely cut everything from your life it seems like you want it 10x more (I'd dye without my weekly large cheese fry from portillos
  • Rachelgettingleaner
    Rachelgettingleaner Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Me too! It is possible I know with persistence. :D
  • Rachelgettingleaner
    Rachelgettingleaner Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    My goal is 44 more pounds by the 4th of July. Break it down into smaller goals that are much easier to obtain. I have broken mine down into loosing 4-5 pounds a week. Replace 2 meals a week with a healthy salad and 1 with fish. Bike for an HR 3 times a week. Dance like a fool with my daughter for 30 min twice a week. Go to the gym at least twice a week for an hour. Stay away from the vending machine at work at all costs! Eat more fruit. Drink only water during the day (other than the coffee I need to avoid being a mom-bie lol) and then I can have juice or tea with dinner. Walk for 30 min EVERY day! Even if that means I walk the dock or through the parking lot on my lunch break. If your family are tv watchers (we def are sometimes!) jog in place or do jumping jacks or anything to be active during commercials. Watch your portions (I actually counted out 55 gold fish crackers today because I was dying for some pizza flavored gold fish! If I didn't I'd eat the whole bag lol) and allow yourself one cheat day or meal a week just don't over do it. When you try to completely cut everything from your life it seems like you want it 10x more (I'd dye without my weekly large cheese fry from portillos

Your work out routines sound similar to mine!! Hahaha. I couldn't care less about how I look dancing, I know it's burnin that cals! Seriously, I just try to move every day, just keep moving, just do something to get up &take steps or get in the water, gardening, dancing, walk the dog, play with kids, there are so many ways to enjoy yourself while having a workout. And for me that's definitely something that helps take weight off &keep it off, when I don't dread a workout.