Step calories

Options
Hi guys, just quick question

Do you eat back your step calories, should we?

If you do, do you lose weight still?

Replies

• chrisfwood
    chrisfwood Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    If you are doing a huge number via walking and your goal is based on say a desk job, then I would say yes.

I have a desk job and MFP has that set so if I walk 6km in my lunch hour I do eat some or all of them back and I have lost weight doing this about 12kg.

If you are set as active then you might consider the steps as part of that information.
  • rldeclercq4
    rldeclercq4 Posts: 269 Member
    Options
    I don't ever eat back my calories lost from exercise. I keep my eating plan pretty much set the entire day. I've lost 75 lbs since January. I believe it eating back cals lost from exercise has a huge part of that.
  • yirara
    yirara Posts: 9,422 Member
    Options
    Hi guys, just quick question

Do you eat back your step calories, should we?

If you do, do you lose weight still?

You can try it. Question is how do you determine your step calories?
  • Yourkindagirl
    Yourkindagirl Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    See if it works for you. Try eating a few if you are hungry. If you are not, I would leave them alone. It really depends on your body. Eating them doesn't work for me, but I know it does for others. I would try eating some of them for a week to see how your body responds.
  • Katerbels
    Katerbels Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    I do not, but I try not to touch any exercise calories if I can help it. I keep track of my steps because I like to see if I can one up myself, but I don't consider daily steps exercise.
  • jeichelb83
    jeichelb83 Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    It depends on your goals. If you strictly want to lose weight, don't eat them back. However, if you just want to maintain, you can eat them back. If you're bulking you'll definitely want to eat them back and then some.