365 days from obese to personal trainer

Options
I'm saying this out loud - because i finally am believing i can do this.
On my 30th b-day ( june 21 st ) i have made a deal with myself. For the past 30 years i was not happy..i was not happy in my 20's especially. It's time to change that. I want the rest of my life to be different. I choose to be happy and i choose to make something better- not to look back and feel sorry for my self but to fight !

I'm at 251 lbs as of june 21 2011
by june 21 - 2012 i want to be at 150-160 lbs

In Sept of 2011 i will sign up for personal trainer certification and start learning for the test.
Take the test 6 months later- which would be in March of 2012 !

When i break this goal down - 12 months - 100 lbs- brings it to about 8 lbs per month - or 2 lbs a week..

This is achievable - with hard work and persistance . I need all the support i can get . I know i will get weak during this journey.. but i will not give up . Even if i fall - i will come back up .

Hope to have some of you support me in this year ahead of me- add me to your friends if you feel you can cheer me on when i cry : ) ( i'm sure i will .. when the scale doesn't show what i want to see )

Thank you all:)

Replies

• soonersgirl
    soonersgirl Posts: 254 Member
    Options
    Good luck to you! That's an awesome goal!
  • almorrow1s
    almorrow1s Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Good luck with everything!
  • earthsember
    earthsember Posts: 435 Member
    Options
    That is awesome! I don't have the same goal as you, but I'd love to cheer you on :) I'm currently sitting at 225 and I'm not so sure on what my end goal is. Right now I'm just hoping to get to 200 by my 30th birthday (day before Halloween). Mini long term goal of 175, and then reevaluating where I'd like to go from there.
  • sreimer07
    sreimer07 Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    That is a wonderful goal. With determination you can achieve any goal you set for yourself! Feel free to add me. I'd like to cheer for you when you achieve your goal as well :)
  • mindy14456
    mindy14456 Posts: 552 Member
    Options
    My goal is very similar to yours!! Good luck to you, you can do it!!
  • psmith64
    psmith64 Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    You can do this. You have made the first important step of making a goal and understanding what you need to achieve on a week by week basis.

It is easy to go into weight loss without realising how long it is going to take. You have sat down and worked it out which is important. You know its not going to be a quick job and that is an important hurdle to overcome.

Good luck with your task ahead.

Paul
  • nsblue
    nsblue Posts: 331 Member
    Options
    listen, if I can lose 200 lbs YOU CAN lose 100!! Keep focused on your goal and keep to your diet and exercise plan and you will succeed. It's hard starting off, many new habits to make n old ones to break but YOU CAN DO IT!!!
  • babynurse123
    babynurse123 Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    You CAN do this, remember that! If other people can do it, you can, they have nothing on you. Back in 92-93, i lost 106 poundas in a year. But as you see over the years I put it back on. But there is nothing special about me. I was just determined for my health. Now I am having to get back in that zone.
  • paulasuscas01
    paulasuscas01 Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    Wow that is AMAZING! Add me if you need more support :) That is an amazing goal and I just know that you can succeed.
  • bosanka
    bosanka Posts: 336 Member
    Options
    wow it's amazing how much support you can get on this website - that's why i love it ! Have been here for more than 2 years on and off.. without a definite goal i guess i was just playng arround .. i was afraid to put a " final goal " but now i know what i want and i know how long i will have to stay 110% . I know the time is ticking it seams like" long " but because i have broken it down into week by week goals.. and montly - that gives me a weekly target to focus on.
    At my gym my trainers ( i'm not paying them .. they are very friendly and spend time with members even if not paid for a session ) .. so the trainers at the gym are cheering me on.. they know my goal and they know how hard i'm working.
    They have offered me support with food- when i get stuck they want me to print my food diary from here so they can go over it and tell me what to change or switch out..

I'm not working ( outside the house ) .. first i was unemployed, now i'm unemployed by choice ! I want to commit this t ime to myself, my goal, my dream. I don't want to accept othe jobs at the moment because i don't want to have it " as an excuse " that i'm beeing side tracked and can't focus. I do have a lo t of things that i'm working on - kids, house, small jobs here and there, all kind of things to make it work .. but to be able to focus ..and to do what i love.. not what " makes money "

I'm not doing the certificate becaue of the income . ( do n't think i'm rich !!!! ) i just choose to live more simple life with less expense , less "wants" .. so i make my small budget work . .. But like i said the certificate i'm not doing for the income.. i don't care how much i will be making as a trainer.. i know you can make any where from 24.000 $ to 100.000 if you are good at it.
    But that is not why i'm doing it. I had a well paid job before.. but i wasn't happy. Life is short. I want to do something i like and enjoy. Love interacting with people. Love helping and motivating others. Everyone at the gym allready sees me like a trainer ..
    some call me ( Jillian Jr. :) .. it's true i'm a tough cookie don't take excuses, hate laziness.. and make everyone work hard in a group session .. i know i have a " trainer personality , i have a passion for this field.. spent my whole life reading books on diet and exercise, nutrition and what not..so since i have to exercise for the rest of my life, might aswell get paid for it :)

I need everyone .. trust me i will have my bad days and weeks.. i don't want anyone to feel sorry for me .. ( when i get weak and tired , frustrated,.. i will ask you in a way to feel sorry for me .. ) but DON"T. support me, encourage me, give me tips and advice, - but don't allow me to feel sorry and play the victim. That is my mistake from the past - i said i don't want to be like in the past . I need to change.

Thank you all for adding me to your friends list - it means really soooo much to me.
  • bosanka
    bosanka Posts: 336 Member
    Options
    Today was my first weigh in -
    sw : 251
    cw : 249.5
    lost - 1.5 in week one

week 2 : ready to move on to week two - goal to meet - 247.
    week 3 : goal to meet - 245
    week 4 : 243