Make me keep going!!

Options
It's my first week of healthy eating, excercise and 12,000 steps a day, I'm sticking too it, I've done 7 days! I'm scared to weigh myself incase I've not even lost a pound.. I'll be so disappointed!! And prob would give up!

Replies

• ashley_zb
    ashley_zb Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Trust me. If you have been more active than the usual and eating healthy, it won't be if you lost anything... it will be how much did you lose.
  • marty_smith
    marty_smith Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    As long as you have worked out how many calories your body needs to maintain your weight, and stayed under your that amount by 500-1000 calories a day (after adding back your calories burned from exercise) then you will have lost weight.
  • barbara3213
    barbara3213 Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    I've been at it for a couple of weeks and my weight is not changing much. I think I have to take the suggestion of so many here and get a food scale. Maybe I'm eating more than I think. Good luck on your journey. You may have to make some adjustments along the way, but you'll get there IF you don't give up.
  • notreallychris
    notreallychris Posts: 501 Member
    Options
    Only you can make yourself keep going. Not sure what your goals are, but you won't see many results in one week. Make sure you are using a food scale to weigh your food. Good luck!
  • VeronicaShukla
    VeronicaShukla Posts: 9 Member
    edited April 2016
    Options
    Ive been at it for a few weeks and haven't lost weight, but I can see the muscle replacing the fat, my clothes fit better, and I feel much healthier. I do want to lose, and I'm using the lack of movement on the scale to adjust my caloric intake (trying at least), but I also refuse to let a number on a machine dictate my success. Keep at it and friend me if you like. You can do this!
  • anitahankey
    anitahankey Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Thanks for your advice, I really want to do this, can't believe how good I've been, I've even abandoned my car to walk back and too to work, even if I do spend the whole time thinking I could murder a bacon barm!
  • jmm1977
    jmm1977 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    One day at a time! Do you best and don't let set backs keep you from pushing forward!
  • anitahankey
    Options
    Thankyou, im gonna step on the scales for the first time today.. Fingers crossed!
  • CM_73
    CM_73 Posts: 554 Member
    Options
    Don't forget though, this is a lifelong change, or needs to be if it's going to work! Don't get disheartened IF you don't see a drop straight away, just keep going at it, track everything honestly and learn to be patient!
  • anitahankey
    Options
    Thankyou cm-73, I'm getting used to it now, and feel less sluggish, and actually enjoying the excercise
  • klawley36
    klawley36 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Im the same ive been really hard at it for 2 weeks now and I only lost 1lb and was gutted. But as many people have reminded me its not all about the numbers on the scales, its about body fat, progression pics, measurements etc too. Plus we are making changes for the better no matter how much the scales move x
  • jonjaxmom
    jonjaxmom Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    Don't give up Anita, you CAN DO THIS! I am the poster child of struggling to lose my weight. My parents should have named me Duncan since I yo-yo so much. I have learned that I need to log EVERY SINGLE BIT OF FOOD, and I do workout at least 5 times a week. Im a T1Diabetic and take insulin which is a whole other level of difficulty in the weight loss process. I have accepted that for me, weight loss will be slow. Really slow. Like 1/2 lb. a week goal. But guess what? This turtle is doing it. Down 5 lbs in 5 weeks.
  • wannabesexymama
    wannabesexymama Posts: 367 Member
    Options
    Best way to not freak out is to not worry about weight for at least a month. Getting obsessed with the scale will only fake it more like a diet and this is a lifestyle change a long road to recovery for your body. I have this same problem with the scale but being active and watching your food intake, not drinking your calories unless you are replacing a meal with a fiber/protein shake you should be good. Hugs it's a long road.
  • 14apfigley641
    14apfigley641 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Honestly I wouldn't weigh myself until a couple of weeks in because with my experience once I start exercising after taking a long break I usually gain weight from water retention and lose motivation, even though the weight is only temporary.
  • hzl22
    hzl22 Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    Tip: always weigh yourself first thing in the morning after peeing .. And also take measurements and don't just rely on the scale.. If neither the scale nor measurements move then don't give up .. Work harder! Good luck !!
  • anitahankey
    Options
    Well I lost 1lb! But gutted, but gonna keep going!