Final clothing size for 5'7" -5'8" size women

Options
An other topic about size 4 women got me thinking what is the final clothing size for taller women? I am 5'7.5" , and I thought 4 or 6 would be my goal.
When I checked that size 4 topic, all the ladies there are fairly short like 5' 1" or 2". Most of them already at or close to their final goal and they are fairly skinny. Based on that I do not think a size 4 is realistic for my height. So what is the finbal destination as far as clothing size goes for a women ~5'8" ?

Replies

• ashlinmarie
    ashlinmarie Posts: 1,263 Member
    Options
    My goal is a size 6 and I'm 5'7"
  • michalita
    michalita Posts: 27
    Options
    I am *almost* 5'7", and my end goal was to fit back into all of my size 6 stuff (which I finally accomplished!). For many years I was a size 4, but that was in my twenties, and those are long gone days now. :-)
  • ser0630
    ser0630 Posts: 223
    Options
    That's a tough one because the sizing isn't the same all across the board (when it comes to clothes and brands).

I'm 5'10" I can buy a pair of pants from the Gap that are a size 12 and a similar pair of pants from Express (that fit me) will either be a size 14 or 16.
  • marie_2454
    marie_2454 Posts: 881 Member
    Options
    I a bit over 5'8 and right now I'm almost always an 8 at about 160 pounds, but I'd like to be between a 4 or 6. I have a smaller frame though and my goal weight is around 130.
  • Jo_Bird
    Jo_Bird Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'8 and I would be all smiles in a size 6!
  • bethabeeg
    bethabeeg Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    i'm 5'7" and my goal is a 6-7-8 range... I was a five back when I was in 6th grade middle school. So I think that idea for me would be kind of outlandish but if I do it then I will be estatic. I'm more about a healthy weight and toning though then really finding a size tag.... No muffin top and a tight tummy will do just fine rather than a size
  • kehowe83
    kehowe83 Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    awsome post! I am 5"11 and am between an 8-10 in pants and 6-8 in tops.

It is always good to know what other women's sizes are based on their height.
  • NoExcuseTina
    NoExcuseTina Posts: 506 Member
    Options
    Not sure...BUT...just wanted to share this with you...
    When I was in high school (23 years ago), I weighed 155 and wore a size 12
    ...everyone is different and it depends on your bone structure
  • katheern
    katheern Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'9 with a large build, and even at my thinnest about 145lbs when I played sports 6 days a week, I was still a size 10 or 12. It really varies on your build so I would say there is not a "right" size given your height.
  • louiseei
    louiseei Posts: 254 Member
    Options
    I'm 5' 7" and am now comfortable in a uk 10, which I think would be a 6 in your money. I would look too skinny a size down I think.
  • Kate_UK
    Kate_UK Posts: 1,299 Member
    Options
    I'm 5ft 91/2 and a US 8 (UK 12) is my ideal (got there earlier in the year and put some back on grrrr)
  • kell_riley
    kell_riley Posts: 312
    Options
    My goal is to be a uk size 10 which is a us 6, i'm 5'8 and have been that size before and feel i look pretty good there! I bordered on a uk8 us 4 and i looked too skinny, but thats just personal views
  • ChantalGG
    ChantalGG Posts: 2,404 Member
    Options
    I am 5'71/2" I just want to fit into a size 7 pants, i have a larger lower body. I have already got into size 8 now and i still want to drop 10 more lbs to get to 135lb. I used to have a pair or size 5 skinny pants a few years ago that fit like a glove I could fit into them when i was about 133lb. I gave those away last year because i gave up on being thin at that time lol.

I guess it all depends on you r body build to determine what size you will get into and that will look healthy.
  • ambercole
    ambercole Posts: 426
    Options
    I am currently a size 7 but I still have 30 more lbs to lose so probably a 5 when its all said and done. I'm 5'7".
  • jenfitz34
    jenfitz34 Posts: 31
    Options
    I am 5'7" tall and when I weighed 135lbs I looked like I was an anorexic, and still wore a size 8. You should never judge sizes based on what someone else says is 'what you should wear'... if I tried to EVER fit into a size 4 or 6 it would be when I was dead of starvation.
    Women who are taller have larger frames and need larger sizes. It is NOTHING to be ashamed of.
    I always say its better to be a hot 10 than a hot mess 4.
  • kitinboots
    kitinboots Posts: 589 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'7.5" and a UK 8, which I think is a US 6. I have items one size smaller, but I think that's due to manufacturer variations. I have also been a size smaller and looked gaunt.
  • jrlenig
    jrlenig Posts: 364 Member
    Options
    I am 5'6" and I am an 8 and my goal is a 6..hope that helps , but everyone is different Marie Osmond is 5'6" and she is a size 4, her hips are a whole lot smaller than mine ever will be...
  • melsinct
    melsinct Posts: 3,512 Member
    Options
    I am 5'7" and pear shaped and I don't have a final size goal. It varies too much by manufacturer and I am more hung up on the weight number than a dress size.

In high school I weighed between 115-120 pounds and was a size 4/6 (US). I was very skinny back then! I am currently am 155 pounds and a size 10. I want to drop at least 10 more pounds so I am guessing that will put me at a size 8.
  • jwaitman
    jwaitman Posts: 367 Member
    Options
    I am 5'6" - 5'7". When I started my weight loss journey I never would have dreamed of being a size 4. Much to my suprise I went jeans shopping and was able to easily slip on that size 4. I don't think I am too skinny and not sure that is even possible. I am in great health and I think that is what matters. Some things I do have to buy a 6, but with the different clothing makers that is normal. Just find a size that makes you feel good.
  • SandersWifey
    SandersWifey Posts: 387
    Options
    I'm 5'10 and my CW is 149. I wear anywhere from a 7 (from JC Penney) to a 10 (from Rue 21) and even when I was a teenager and 20 pounds lighter I wore the same size.

So I am not really expecting my sizes to go down much more if any. It would be great if it did but if not I'm ok w that!