Why don't my pants fit?

Options
I'm only a few weeks into MFP and I bought a pair of dress pants last week. Today is my first day wearing them and they are so much tighter then when I bought them! And it's only been a week! I've lost a few pounds, I don't eat a lot of salty food. I hardly ever add salt to my food, I drink a lot of water and tea throughout the day. I don't feel bloated. It's a bit discourageing when new clothes don't fit right after you get them. I've been trying to get my cardio in everyday. I know it doesn't probably help that I've just started to get a cold, but I just don't like it. It wasn't the best start to my morning.

Replies

• Jconner30
    Jconner30 Posts: 311
    Options
    have you washed & dried them?
  • 0Jaime0
    0Jaime0 Posts: 26
    Options
    Hang in there! Is TOM trying to make an appearance? Maybe you're just carrying around a little water weight. Good luck!!
  • sbwood888
    sbwood888 Posts: 953 Member
    Options
    Did you wash and dry them? Maybe they shrunk?
  • patch1964
    patch1964 Posts: 5
    Options
    Also, at the risk of treading on a delicate area, some women can retain fluid at certain times of the month.

Is that what TOM means??
    Not heard that one before.
    Its called Flo here!!
  • bjohs
    bjohs Posts: 1,225 Member
    Options
    Also, at the risk of treading on a delicate area, some women can retain fluid at certain times of the month.

Is that what TOM means??
    Its called Flo here!!

Time Of Month :)
  • foreverjade
    foreverjade Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    You said that you are only a few weeks on to MFP.... did you start a new exercise regimen? Anytime you start a new exercise regimen, your body tends to pack on water weight to protect itself. The bloat will disappear once your body gets used to it!
  • SquishyVicki
    SquishyVicki Posts: 280 Member
    Options
    Is that what TOM means??
    Its called Flo here!!

Hahaha - I like Flo..... :o) TOM = Time of the Month (sorry boys!!!) Vx
  • greenmisty
    greenmisty Posts: 24
    Options
    I just took the tags off of them this morning. So I haven't washed and shrank them. I'm a week past my TOM so maybe a lost a bit during. And yes I've just started exercising regularly again. Thanks!
  • bjohs
    bjohs Posts: 1,225 Member
    Options
    With a week past TOM, you may have start ovulating. I gain water weight then too. Just a thought.