Stuck at another plateau

Options
I could always use new friends. I am disabled. In almost a year, I have lost 35 pounds from portion control. I have started adding some weights and rower, but the days I feel progress with a really good workout, I end up with joint pain for several days.
I could use some motivation to help push past this plateau I'm stuck on.
?? And I don't know how to add friends. Help??

Replies

• jillmarie125
    jillmarie125 Posts: 418 Member
    Options
    Hi! Feel free to add me. I've lost about 90 pounds thru diet and exercise. What kind of workouts are you doing?
  • dovedavis
    dovedavis Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I reduce my portions, paying closer attn to fats, proteins and carbs, etc each day. Try to eat more in the morning, and less in the evening and after 6. I use free weights for my triceps mostly, and a rowing machine for overall workouts, strength and cardio. After a bad knee injury and no surgery, I became very sedentary and now I am slowly starting to be active. Shopping trips have always been in & out. Now I go shopping with others, and its a lot for me to hang an entire 2 hours shopping!!!
  • jillmarie125
    jillmarie125 Posts: 418 Member
    Options
    I am really impressed with your motivation, especially with an injury. Does the rowing bother your knee? I love rowing, but couldnt imagine doing it with an injury.

I think it's great that you are paying attention to what you are eating (macros.) finding what works without making you "hangry" is so important!
  • 1111ace
    1111ace Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    If your body feels like it's not getting enough nutrition it will hold on to fat and won't let go until it feels like there is more than enough nutrition there. Hope this helps also any toxins will prevent weight loss as well.
  • Numer1ca
    Numer1ca Posts: 284 Member
    Options
    If you're having pain, perhaps a professional should help with your fo m and design a plan for you.

I don't think you should have "joint pain"
  • dovedavis
    Options
    1111ace wrote: »
    If your body feels like it's not getting enough nutrition it will hold on to fat and won't let go until it feels like there is more than enough nutrition there. Hope this helps also any toxins will prevent weight loss as well.

Define "toxins" please?
    Is coffee a toxin? I drink a lot of Half-caf and decaf.
  • dovedavis
    Options
    Numer1ca wrote: »
    If you're having pain, perhaps a professional should help with your fo m and design a plan for you.

I don't think you should have "joint pain"

I have arthritis and immune system disorder, which affects my joints. Recently I am also having to change my meds bcuz of Healthcare changes in my plan.
  • dovedavis
    Options
    I am really impressed with your motivation, especially with an injury. Does the rowing bother your knee? I love rowing, but couldnt imagine doing it with an injury.

I think it's great that you are paying attention to what you are eating (macros.) finding what works without making you "hangry" is so important!

I have to be careful with my knee and hips. Breaking a 15 minute rowing workout into 5 minutes at a time.