IIFYM, reverse dieting, macro counting, women.

Options
Hi my name is Ashley
I'm 6'0, 27 years old
My starting weight was 200 now I'm 155!
I used the team beachbody masters hammer and chisel eating and fitness program to lose all if my weight! I am a coach through team beachbody. And although I love teen beach body products and still use shakeolofy, my fitness program and participate in my challenge groups, when I got down to my current weight, I was put under a much lower calorie limit and that just didn't work for me. My body cannot function on 1200 cal a day. Using the container system I was unable to get up to the calories I needed. I've just grown passed that system and I'm ready to step up in the nutrition and fitness world! So I decided to look into reverse dieting. So far I'm up to close to 1700 cal I dropped a pound and I feel amazing and my workouts are going much better. I'm really excited 7y0hrdke2ybr.jpeg
to continue this lifestyle drop some more body fat percentage and gain muscle. I'm looking for ladies who also follow the iifym lifestyle to befriend and follow! My diary is open!

Replies

• Ashleymarie88
    Ashleymarie88 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Sorry about the grammar and spelling I used the voice input lol
  • gnarlykickflip
    gnarlykickflip Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    Congrats on the loss! Well done.

I've not heard of reverse dieting before, what is it?
  • blues4miles
    blues4miles Posts: 1,481 Member
    Options
    I forgot how mirrors work and was trying to figure out where your tattoo went...I'll just be over here...
  • Ashleymarie88
    Options
    Reverse dieting AKA metabolic adaptation AKA increasing your metabolic capacity –> slowly increasing your calories, carbs, proteins and fats over time so that your body is able to maintain weight with more food. You do this through counting your macronutrients.
  • Ashleymarie88
    Options
    Lol when I posted that pic on Facebook people asked if I got my tattoo removed
  • Ashleymarie88
    Options
    You can lose, maintain or bulk up living the iifym (if it fits your macros) without starving or having to be on a super low calorie deficit.
  • Yivs_87
    Yivs_87 Posts: 246 Member
    edited April 2016
    Options
    Oh, jeez, you got me with that tattoo... xD
    You've made awesome progress! I'm more onto TDEE-20%, though I'm trying to follow my macros as well, and I'm eating whatever I like :P
  • CarbKaiju
    CarbKaiju Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    That sounds pretty reliable. What are some trusted sources to read more about this IIFYM?
  • Ashleymarie88
    Options
    Yes it's kind of become my saving grace! This lifestyle I can definitely maintain! I mean 1700 cal is in the weight loss end for me so maintenance will be even better lol. It's also called flexible dieting. That's usually what I call it when talking to people who know nothing about it. It's a lifestyle that allows u to eat healthy and eat the more Indulgent things u like. It's been really interesting to learn about! Nathan Bennett wrote a great book called flexible dieting I got it in my kindle for free!
  • hzl22
    hzl22 Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    Sounds interesting mind if I add you to learn more about it?
  • hzl22
    hzl22 Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    Oh and congrats on your weightloss!!