Today My Aunt Died! Her heart stopped.

Options
"There is NOTHING MORE IMPORTANT in this life than your HEALTH. You only have one body, take care of it and it will take care of you."

My Aunt died today when her heart stopped beating. She struggled with her weight for yrs and her heart finally gave up. My eyes are burning from the tears I've cried wishing I could've done more, said more or be a better example. Then I realize a philosophy I was taught by my mentor..."I'll take care of me for you, if you will take care of you for me."

All we can do is take care of ourselves and Lead by example. We can't beat ourselves up thinking we didn't do enough. Perhaps our strongest statement is the one we don't make.

My goal is to help all my friends and family (and everyone) live a healthy, happy lifestyle. I want to help everyone in any way I can.

Replies

• msf74
    msf74 Posts: 3,498 Member
    Options
    My sincere condolences for your loss.

And you are absolutely right.
  • kgirlhart
    kgirlhart Posts: 4,996 Member
    Options
    I'm sorry for your loss. You are right, the best thing you can do is take care of yourself and be willing to help others when they ask but realize that you can't do it for them.
  • DaddieCat
    DaddieCat Posts: 3,646 Member
    Options
    I lost my father in a very similar fashion, so, while I may not know your pain, I know a similar one and it can be profound. Condolences.
  • Namaste_Heart11
    Namaste_Heart11 Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    Very sorry to hear of your loss... light & love to you & your family during this difficult time <3
  • WTealA
    WTealA Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    "There is NOTHING MORE IMPORTANT in this life than your HEALTH. You only have one body, take care of it and it will take care of you."

My goal is to help all my friends and family (and everyone) live a healthy, happy lifestyle. I want to help everyone in any way I can.

I agree with this.

I'm so sorry about your aunt.
  • quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    Options
    My condolences.
  • lessismoreohio
    lessismoreohio Posts: 910 Member
    Options
    My condolences. You are correct in all that you say. Thank you for sharing with us today.
  • onefitproject
    onefitproject Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Thx guys, I truly appreciate it.
  • LLT38
    LLT38 Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    I'm so sorry for your loss.
  • MurphmomSparkles
    MurphmomSparkles Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    So sorry. Very true, you can't change others.
  • farmerpam1
    farmerpam1 Posts: 402 Member
    Options
    So sorry for your loss.
  • tbolashana
    tbolashana Posts: 2,707 Member
    Options
    So sorry for your loss.
  • 100df
    100df Posts: 668 Member
    Options
    "I'll take care of me for you, if you will take care of you for me."
    Wow!

I am sorry for your loss.
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    So sorry for your loss.

But there's nothing more you could have done... please don't feel guilty about this. Some people are just not willing to change.
  • kelley555
    kelley555 Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    Sorry for your loss. You said it well... We need to take care of ourselves. Thanks for caring about us enough to share.
  • onefitproject
    onefitproject Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    newmeadow wrote: »
    She must have really loved you and taken good care of you for you to write such a heartfelt eulogy for her here. She sounds like she was a great lady and the world was probably a better place with her in it :heart:

Youre right. Couldn't have put it better myself.
    Thank you @newmeadow
  • melisha0214
    melisha0214 Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    I am so sorry for your loss :'(