Is there a support group for those that miscarried?

Options
I just found out on the 30th that I was pregnant and due in March. I had it confirmed by a blood test on the 2nd. Well, Sunday I woke up and was pretty sure I had lost the baby. Yesterday afternoon I got a BETA test and my hcg was already down to 0.8. So I definitely lost the baby. So now I am just going to lose some weight and see if that helps me keep my next baby. I had 2 other chemical pregnancies in November and December of 2012 and a previous one in March 2011.

Replies

• chandanista
    chandanista Posts: 986 Member
    Options
    I am so sorry to hear of your loss. There are many support groups out there, and many people who have been through similar losses. I haven't used any forums etc. myself, as my area has a local group, but quite a few showed up in a google search. I hope you are able to find the support you need right now. Concentrating on working out can help distract you, for sure, and the endorphins won't hurt either. Feel free to friend me on here if you would like; I'm not a psychiatrist or anything but I'm willing to read messages if you need to talk.
  • PBsMommy
    PBsMommy Posts: 1,166 Member
    Options
    I am so sorry for your loss.

I know when I was using the What to Expect website and app while pregnant, they had a forum topic specifically for the women who miscarried.

When I ran a Google search for online support groups, babycenter.com and dailystrength.org also have one.

For physical support groups you go to, I am sure your local ob/gyn or hospital should be able to give you information regarding local support groups or at least give you a contact that would have info.
  • cbumbalough
    cbumbalough Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    On babycenter.com, there are several miscarriage groups. I miscarried right before I got pregnant with my daughter. I hope you find a helpful group. There are lots of supportive women on there.
  • mom2pne
    mom2pne Posts: 215 Member
    Options
    I meant is there one on here for ladies that m/c'd and want/ need to lose weight.
  • cathymarie75
    cathymarie75 Posts: 222 Member
    Options
    I am sorry for all your loses. I miscarried my 18 month olds twin..they call it a vanishing twin at 10 weeks. Still hard everytime I look at him I wonder what the other one would be like. Feel free to add me I know how hard it is.
  • Duck_Puddle
    Duck_Puddle Posts: 3,224 Member
    Options
    I'm sorry for all of your losses. I had a miscarriage in May, it's tough. I don't know that there is a support group for women that have miscarried and want to lose weight. They really are separate and unrelated things. Mfp is great for support with weight loss, and there are a number of online forums with sections/groups for miscarriage support. I have no idea if there is some combined group somewhere. Good luck, I hope you find what you need.
  • cejb1980
    Options
    I know it is has been a while since anyone has posted on here, but I am sorry to hear about your losses - I know from experience that it devastates you to your core. I have lost 3 babies, the last being my little girl 2 months ago at 20 weeks. I have just started a group on My Fitness Pal called "Lost my baby, kept the weight". Feel free to join so that we can motivate each other through the physical and emotional struggles that we face.
  • ldrosophila
    ldrosophila Posts: 7,512 Member
    Options
    there is a trying to conceive group if that helps many of us have had miscarriages
  • alicerich86
    alicerich86 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Chemical pregnancy is actually a very early miscarriage, which takes place before anything can be seen on an ultrasound scan – usually around the fifth week that you are pregnant. It means that a sperm has fertilised your egg, but later on, the egg fails to survive.
  • melisha0214
    melisha0214 Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    I'm so sorry sweetie. I've had a few miscarriages myself and haven't been able to get past the 8-week mark.