Why have I lost weight but no inches??? Is that even possible?

Options
Hello

I have recommitted myself to losing 25 lbs and the struggle is real this time around (a little older)! I pretty much workout 4 to 6 days/week with 2-a-days generally 3 to 5 days/week. I have managed to lose 8 lbs within 3 weeks but my measurements did not change from my second weigh-in! I also thought you would see results faster with inches rather than lbs but no! I checked my last check-in and no change! Is this even possible? Am I doing something wrong? Feeling discouraged!

Thanks in advance to those who are able to shed some light!

Replies

• Wombat468
    Wombat468 Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    You'll be losing weight off places you're not measuring. Eg your face, your feet, your forearms.
  • jemhh
    jemhh Posts: 14,261 Member
    edited April 2016
    Options
    Clearly it is possible if it has truly happened to you.

What all are you measuring? Waist at smallest spot? Waist across navel? Hips? Thigh? Calf? Ankle? Upper arm? Forearm? Wrist? Neck? Shoulders?

We lose weight all over our bodies. It seems like most people who complain about not losing any inches are only measuring their waists and/or hips, which are notoriously slow to lose spots for many people. Search "stomach fat" and you'll get at least a dozen threads this week alone from people saying that they are losing fat everywhere but on their stomachs.

Also, keep in mind that visceral fat tends to be lost the quickest. This is fat that is around your internal organs. You could very well lose the fat around your liver, stomach, etc. and not get any smaller around the abdominal area because your organs still take up plenty of room in there. They aren't necessarily just going to smoosh together as the fat around them goes away.

Anyway, keep up the good work and stay patient!
  • veliia
    veliia Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    I have the same problem. The scale says I've lost about 14lbs but i look the same and the inches r the same too
    snoakes03 wrote: »
    Hello

I have recommitted myself to losing 25 lbs and the struggle is real this time around (a little older)! I pretty much workout 4 to 6 days/week with 2-a-days generally 3 to 5 days/week. I have managed to lose 8 lbs within 3 weeks but my measurements did not change from my second weigh-in! I also thought you would see results faster with inches rather than lbs but no! I checked my last check-in and no change! Is this even possible? Am I doing something wrong? Feeling discouraged!

Thanks in advance to those who are able to shed some light!

• LivingtheLeanDream
    LivingtheLeanDream Posts: 13,342 Member
    Options
    If you've lost weight, you've lost inches off somewhere you haven't measured..... keep up the good work :smiley:
  • lizzelspark
    lizzelspark Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    One way to figure that out is to go on a body fat scan that will show you if your losing water weight ,lean muscle or fat but don't get discouraged by the measurements if your eating good and exercising and burning more then you eat you will be losing weight
  • trjjoy
    trjjoy Posts: 666 Member
    Options
    Measure in centimeters.