50 soon 2 be a 51 year old fire fighter who does not want 2 die because he is over weight needs help

Options
Hello

Replies

• redsunrisemountain
    redsunrisemountain Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Good luck with meeting your goals...and thank you for your service.
  • kingmast1
    kingmast1 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Were in the same boat. We better doit or we wasted our life. That's not my real bod bye the way.
  • cmcmommy
    cmcmommy Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    It's never too late . Good luck . you can add me if you'd like . I'm 54 and in the last 4 years l've lost over 135 lbs
  • vickymessmann
    vickymessmann Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Baby steps. Do what you can. Walk. A little at a time if you have to. Do that as many times you can over the course of the day. Build up some muscle. You didn't say how much weight you wanted to lose. I'm 60 and have lost weight over the years but just a few lbs. here and there. I decided at the beginning of this year to try harder. I've lost 16 lbs. Not a great number but I'm going in the right direction and I've only got 20 more lbs to reach my goal. Do a google search about nutrition to see what you should be eating and how much. Log into myfitnesspal EVERYDAY, even if you have a bad day. You'll see what you're doing right and what you may be doing wrong. Good luck to you.
  • vickymessmann
    vickymessmann Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    You can also go to facebook and join the group Becoming Healthy Together. 2 former Biggest Losers (father and son) run this page and I love it.
  • astrid141
    astrid141 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Hey man I have a ton of weight to lose, too. You can do it!
  • Sarc_Warrior
    Sarc_Warrior Posts: 430 Member
    Options
    Try 555 fitness. It's a excercise/ charity site specifically for firefighters. It has excellent beginner and advanced training. Truly is awesome.
  • adriansloan
    adriansloan Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the kick up the but I needed. Cheers
  • adriansloan
    Options
    Thanks for all the kind words and advice . It was good to heard form others.
  • adriansloan
    Options
    PS I hope you all received my replay.
  • terrico65
    terrico65 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    We're all in this together! Good luck to you!!
  • starletsue
    starletsue Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    You can totally do it!!! I wish you the best in your journey!!! You can add me if you like!

• nyqueensguy
    nyqueensguy Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me to your friends. Always a friend to the firefighters
  • gingie71
    gingie71 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Happy to be added to your friend list. Good luck with journey .
  • jlnelson815
    jlnelson815 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    It will happen if you want it bad enough.
  • jgnatca
    jgnatca Posts: 14,464 Member
    Options
    The thing I admire about firefighters is that they disciplined their bodies in to peak performance to get to where they are. So you know about discipline and routine. Redirect your energy in to making better food choices, and keep exercising.
  • adriansloan
    Options
    Thanks for the kind words of encouragement.
  • adriansloan
    Options

Thanks for the kind words of encouragement
  • adriansloan
    Options
    cmcmommy wrote: »
    It's never too late . Good luck . you can add me if you'd like . I'm 54 and in the last 4 years l've lost over 135 lbs

Thanks for the kind words of encouragement