Stuck in a Fat/Weight loss Plateau for months... help

Options
rahulsindhu87
rahulsindhu87 Posts: 5 Member
edited April 2016 in Health and Weight Loss
its been 2-3 months since i have seen any fat/weight loss. Am at a constant 98Kg(216lbs) with 23-25%% body fat at 5'10''. Any comments/tips on my routine/nutrition/sleep described below are welcome, need serious help!!!! :(

Nutrition:

Breakfast: Smoothie( banana+mango+apple+handful kale medely+1.5 tbsp chia seeds+1/2 avacado in water )28-30 oz

Lunch :: tofu eggless salad ( Romaine+cucumber+carrot+tofu+ broccoli +quinoa(w brown rice)/Cole Slaw)3-4 cups

Dinner:: cooked Lentil with onion and tomato(2 cups) + 2 whole wheat chappati +1/2 cup cooked vegetable

Snacks: either a handful of walnuts or 12oz of 2% milk

Supplements: 1 scoop of Amplified Wheybolic Extreme RIPPED 60

This generally adds up to 1400-1550 calories

Limit going out for food to only 1 meal on Sat and Sun.

Excercise :

early morning 7:30am-9am

total time = 1.5hrs

cardio:: 45 min
strength training : 45 min

MFP Calorie burnt tracked using fitbit :: 800-1200

6 days a week.

have to admit that I haven't been including a LOT of HIIT in my cardio sessions

but my cardio generally includes either an elliptical(30 min)+ Row machine (15 min) or Swimming. mostly both the routines on Friday/Saturday

Average Sleep time 6-7 hrs

Any advice on how i can break this plateau???? :disappointed:

Replies

• rahulsindhu87
    Options
    Also add almost a gallon of water everyday
  • Hollisg429
    Hollisg429 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Seems like a lot if calories burned. I do nearly the same and only get a 450-500 burn
  • raindawg
    raindawg Posts: 348 Member
    Options
    Lower your calorie intake per day by 100 calories. If that doesn't get it moving lower it by another 100, until it starts moving again.
  • nessamelda
    nessamelda Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I'd watch that handful of nuts. Weigh them-a handful of nuts can easily be a really big handful of calories without noticing. And are you weighing the calorie dense foods in your salads-rice in particular. Chapattis can be very variable in calorie load, depending on size- there's a fair amount of calories in lentils per cup, so inaccuracies in measurement will build up-it's very easy to get sloppy on weighing and measuring things after a while and start eyeballing it instead (been there, got the kilos to prove it!).
  • bendis2007
    bendis2007 Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    It doesn't seem like you are weighing your food? 2 cups of lentils even with onions and tomatoes is about 460 calories. That doesn't include the veggies with dinner or chapati (which online states that 1 medium chapati is 105 calories). that would make your dinner alone about 670 calories. You don't have the rice/quinoa measured out either or weighed - that can be a calorie heavy dish if it's more rice than veggie. A "handful of nuts" is pretty generic.
    What do you mean by "going out for one meal on Saturday and Sunday? Do you splurge? Do you track what you eat then? Are you adding any oils to these meals? different spices or other condiments? I went out to McDonald's today (maybe once a month I get their fries because they are pretty good) and I ordered a cheeseburger and a medium fry - which added up to 680 calories VERY quick. But I ate very lightly throughout the day, and I didn't go over my daily intake. It's amazing how quickly calories can add up or your deficit can be ruined by eating out every weekend.

I believe that you may be under-estimating how much you are truly eating everyday.
    I think getting a scale and actually weighing your food is a good first step. Especially the walnuts. I have a bag of trail mix and I weigh it before I eat any of it. It is a MUCH smaller serving size than you would think.
  • Jacob1020
    Jacob1020 Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    Intermittent Fasting could work for you.
  • berrydana7
    berrydana7 Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    I agree with the others. Unless you are weighing everything you eat, you may be eating more than you think.
  • rahulsindhu87
    Options
    @all :: Very useful comments and i appreciate the responses here.

Let me clear out some of the nuances pointed out here on my diet

1. I do measure my lunch salad and its always 200-250gms mostly comprises of romaine lettuce and carrots, quinoa with rice is always 2 leveled tbsp. i add 1/2 oz of balsamic vinaigrette to the salad
    2. handful of walnuts==>no more than 4 shelved walnuts.(for me that is)
    3. "going out for one meal on Saturday and Sunday" ==> yes i track the food i eat out at restaurants, my rule of thumb has been only eat half the serving size. Avoid places like taco bell/Mc Donalds, PIZZA places etc etc.

But yes i do agree that my dinners are the largest contributors to my calorie intake! which i can certainly reduce on.
  • Seffell
    Seffell Posts: 2,222 Member
    Options
    @all :: Very useful comments and i appreciate the responses here.

Let me clear out some of the nuances pointed out here on my diet

1. I do measure my lunch salad and its always 200-250gms mostly comprises of romaine lettuce and carrots, quinoa with rice is always 2 leveled tbsp. i add 1/2 oz of balsamic vinaigrette to the salad
    2. handful of walnuts==>no more than 4 shelved walnuts.(for me that is)
    3. "going out for one meal on Saturday and Sunday" ==> yes i track the food i eat out at restaurants, my rule of thumb has been only eat half the serving size. Avoid places like taco bell/Mc Donalds, PIZZA places etc etc.

But yes i do agree that my dinners are the largest contributors to my calorie intake! which i can certainly reduce on.

1. Measuring the whole salad makes no sense. You need to measure every ingredient and log it one by one. This goes for everything you eat. Measuring your food means measuring all ingredients and checking the calories of each ingredient.
    If that's what you're doing, then sorry for the misunderstanding. I don't want to sound patronising.