How long before my body gets used to all this water!

Options
I've been doing this since the beginning of May and have been forcing myself to drink the recommended amount of water daily, and sometimes more but I'm finding that I'm having to pay a visit to the little girl's room far too often!

Today I must have been about 10 times already and it's only just gone 4pm! It's not so bad when I'm at work during the day as I work in an office on my own and the loo is right next to me but in the evenings it really is a pain. It's starting to prevent me from going out just in case I get caught short! And sometimes I even cut down the amount I'm drinking because I'm feeling so full I could burst.
Will I ever get used to it or will I just have to live with it?

Replies

• Hype
    Hype Posts: 349
    Options
    bump
  • Meggie_pooh
    Meggie_pooh Posts: 316 Member
    Options
    i just got used to it. I can now drink up to 16 glasses a day, depending on how hot it is, and how much sodium I have ingested, but u kinda just get used to it!
  • CrazyAdventure
    CrazyAdventure Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    By recommended, do you mean the 8 cups a day?

I know that when I drink lots of water at once, I tend to use the bathroom frequently for quite a while afterwards. If you are drinking all 8 cups before 4 pm, try stretching it out and see if that helps...?

I'm curious to hear other ideas because I have always had the same problem, but I tend to drink a bottle within a half hour time and then wait til the next meal for the next one.
  • Jasmine_Moonstone
    Jasmine_Moonstone Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    I usually adjust within 3-4 weeks of upping my water intake. So I would think that you would have adjusted to the amount by now. I do know that even after my body gets used to it, I still have to go to the bathroom a good bit more than I would if I were drinking sodas and all.
  • Keeley23
    Keeley23 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I drink 4 litres a day, used to pee constantly but now not so much really. I stop drinking it about an hour before bed too so i'm not up in the night.

It's taken me since January to get used to it properly, i gradually increased it from one 500ml bottle a day, now i drink 8 of them.
  • purplepollypops
    purplepollypops Posts: 323 Member
    Options
    By recommended, do you mean the 8 cups a day?

I know that when I drink lots of water at once, I tend to use the bathroom frequently for quite a while afterwards. If you are drinking all 8 cups before 4 pm, try stretching it out and see if that helps...?

I'm curious to hear other ideas because I have always had the same problem, but I tend to drink a bottle within a half hour time and then wait til the next meal for the next one.

I'm always confused as to what a cup is as I drink out of 500ml bottles which I count as 2 cups. I usually have 2 of these before lunch and then 2 more in the afternoon. Today I have had 2 litres while I'm at work and probably will have another 500ml this evening. Am I drinking too much? Someone told me 1-2 litres was not enough! lol So confusing :huh:
  • Fattack
    Fattack Posts: 666 Member
    Options
    1 cup is about 250ml. Aim for 2l a day, more if you exercise- 2.5l isn't excessive.
  • corimac
    corimac Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    I've never really got used to it. I just look on the bright side and think of all the calories I'm burning going back and forth.
  • purplepollypops
    Options
    1 cup is about 250ml. Aim for 2l a day, more if you exercise- 2.5l isn't excessive.

So I'm drinking about the right amount, should I really be paying a visit that many times in a day! (it's not over yet, probably a good 6 more visits! lol)
  • purplepollypops
    Options
    I've never really got used to it. I just look on the bright side and think of all the calories I'm burning going back and forth.

lol, not to mention all the times I'm having to unbuckle my belt and unzip my jeans etc! lol
  • safewaygreenbox
    safewaygreenbox Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    I really strugle to drink enough as I am constantly on the go with my job and nowhere to keep my bottle, I carn't just go to the tiolet when I wnat either ... so you are quite lucky really ;-)