Tea vs Water

Options
I love drinking water, but have started drinking green tea, sometimes black tea and was wondering if green tea (caffeinated) and black count as water. I know that when you drink caffeinated coffee they say it doesn't count towards your daily recommended allowance. Just wondering your thoughts.

Replies

• bella8282
    bella8282 Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    dont count any tea as water. :)
  • cessnaholly
    cessnaholly Posts: 780 Member
    Options
    dont count any tea as water. :)

Just curious why?
  • tarazena
    tarazena Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    I know that you can count herbal teas as water. I don't think black tea and I am not 100% sure about the green.
  • editara13
    editara13 Posts: 384 Member
    Options
    Water was, water is and water will always be the king of anything. Is the only one that keeps us young and healthy. I've been drinking a gallon per day for almost eight months and I never felt stronger and better in my life..... :-)

3574379.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools
  • anolan807
    anolan807 Posts: 273 Member
    Options
    It depends. Does the teas have calories? I drink alot of tea from Teavana all their teas are zero calories so basically its just flavored water. So yes I do count all those teas. Tea is so good for you either way!
  • daniface
    daniface Posts: 338 Member
    Options
    tea is 99% water, count it
  • icerose137
    icerose137 Posts: 318 Member
    Options
    Green teas you can count toward your water, they are very low in caffeine. The black tea is about equal to coffee when it comes to cafeine content. When I have trouble drinking enough water, I cold steep my herbal or green tea overnight in 4 cups of water, add a single packet of stevia, then dilute it with another 4 cups of water so it has just a hint of flavor and all those good nutrients and no sugar. It works for me, do what works for you.
  • Juliebean_1027
    Juliebean_1027 Posts: 713 Member
    Options
    I don't count it. It has caffeine in it, so I don't count anything that isn't plain ol' water. Coffee, tea, whatever. I only count plain water.
  • YvieB823
    YvieB823 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I am sure you can count tea as long as you're not adding milk or creamer to it....
  • jmikels67
    jmikels67 Posts: 116
    Options
    Interesting idea! I think I'll have to try that!
  • jmikels67
    jmikels67 Posts: 116
    Options
    Green teas you can count toward your water, they are very low in caffeine. The black tea is about equal to coffee when it comes to cafeine content. When I have trouble drinking enough water, I cold steep my herbal or green tea overnight in 4 cups of water, add a single packet of stevia, then dilute it with another 4 cups of water so it has just a hint of flavor and all those good nutrients and no sugar. It works for me, do what works for you.

I'll have to try that - I have a hard time getting enough water - I'd much rather drink something flavored!
  • hunnylover2
    Options
    I've got a recipe for green tea...well, I don't know if you would call it a recipe, but it works. And it does count toward your daily water. The recipe is from a local nutritionist. Tetley Green Tea with Lemon and Ginseng is best for this.

New Fat Burner

Place 10 green tea bags in 1 liter of warm water, cover and let set overnight.

In the morning:
    Remove tea bags; add 1 liter of cold water and 1 package of crystal light (flavor of choice). Stir well.

In the afternoon, consume 1 liter of the ice tea.