Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

Spin class or elliptical?

Which do you think burns more calories per hour? I need to get a workout in, but it needs to be shorter than usual today and I know there are many calories in my future, so I'm trying to be proactive. ;)

Thanks for any input!

Replies

• JennsLosing
    JennsLosing Posts: 1,026
    i would opt for spin class...just because i get bored on the elliptical.
  • katya143
    katya143 Posts: 313 Member
    MY 2 FAVORITE!!! I spin 3x/ week and elliptical 2x/week
  • sunnygal1
    sunnygal1 Posts: 39
    I would also opt for spin as I typically push myself a lot harder when I'm in a class as opposed to working out by myself.

Happy workout! :)
  • jmijaressf
    jmijaressf Posts: 215
    Anything that gets your heart rate up and gets you to burn calories is good! Just have fun!
  • AlexzKT
    AlexzKT Posts: 131 Member
    I always think I burn more calories on a cardio machine in a class than I would outside of it, so I'd vote for Spin. You're in an environment where the music is loud, the instructor is screaming at you, and you don't want to look like the loser who can't do it - so I think you end up pushing yourself much harder in a spin class than you would outside of it.
  • imnotyourpal
    imnotyourpal Posts: 162 Member
    LMFAO! You guys are funny. I guess you've never seen me on the elliptical. ;) OK, I'm going to run now and see if I can make it! Thanks!
  • imnotyourpal
    imnotyourpal Posts: 162 Member
    So I get there.....spin class wasn't even when I thought it was scheduled. =\ LAME.
  • smardie
    smardie Posts: 27
    No question for me spiining, especially if you do a class. I spin on average 3 days a week and the class is 60 mins long and the teachers keep you active. I do way better in a class than excerising on my own, but that is just me.