Final clothing size for 5'7" -5'8" size women

Options

Replies

• aclark6818
    aclark6818 Posts: 209 Member
    Options
    I think it depends on your build. I'm 5'7", but I have a very big frame--I've never been smaller than a size 12 & that was high school long before children & gravity. I'm shooting for 14-16---no longer in the women's sizes.
    :flowerforyou:
  • heathersmilez
    heathersmilez Posts: 2,579 Member
    Options
    Size 5-7 Canadian juniors is what I was pre 10lb gain and what fits best now is a 6 so I haven't changed much in my 10lb gain, not yet lost. 5'8 here.
  • ShellyMacchi
    ShellyMacchi Posts: 975 Member
    Options
    5' 7 1/4" here

i am surprised to find myself wearing size 10/12 pants now (was into 18s in january).. and that's still with 30 more pounds to go to reach the high end of normal weight range. So i can see size 8 might be possible for me for pants.
    vanity sizing makes me chuckle i must say.

tops are a whole other matter though... as i have broad shoulders... so if it's a stretchy top i can often choose medium... jackets etc need a large or extra large (darned shoulders), (but that's still better than the 18s and 20s, or 1x and 2x i was wearing *S*) and i doubt that is ever going to get smaller.

no way i can say i am one size all over that for sure *L*
  • Dianefhw
    Dianefhw Posts: 3
    Options
    I'm 5'7" and 147 lbs. I'm a size 8 on top and 10-12 on bottom. I'm happy here because l'm healthy and I can maintain this weight. I have a baby now and can't spend as much time working out as I used to!
  • calimari
    calimari Posts: 202 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'6" and hope to be a 14, which is what I was in college. Even at 125 lbs in high school, I was a 12. I have never been in those smaller numbers since middle school, and I was not a fat kid - I took tons of dance.
  • tinalatina
    tinalatina Posts: 499 Member
    Options
    I am 5'6"1/2 and I am an 8 right now....my goal is a size size 6 ultimate goal of size 4.
  • Swimgoddess
    Swimgoddess Posts: 711 Member
    Options
    My stats are below, an 8-9 would be just peachy.

(I can't believe all the size 6 responses! That would be like, under 135lb territory for me... ew.)
  • kintegra
    kintegra Posts: 1,026 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'7" and I also could care less about the size number. Here's why: I currently weigh 187.8 lbs. 8 years ago when I weighed the same I bought my wedding dress. It fit perfectly. Now when I try it on it is falling off of me. Also in 1989 I weighed about 153-155 lbs and had this mermaid style prom dress that fit me like a glove. I tried it on a few months ago & it fit me perfectly! So...I am SMALLER in size right now but WEIGH MORE than I did for each of those dresses. So size doesn't matter. People look at me & still freak out that I weigh 187.8 lbs right now, because as they say "I don't look it" I will just be happy to get to my goal weight of 155 lbs. Once I'm there, then we'll see what size I'm wearing.

Currently I'm in a size 12 pants/shorts and a size large shirt. I wore 13-14 size pants all thru high school & college and weighed significantly less(approx 153-165 lbs) than I do now.
  • veganjeanie
    veganjeanie Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    This brings up a pet peeve of mine. 1) sizes keep changing, what is a 6 is now used to be an 8, and further back in time, a 10 or 12. I like vintage clothes, and the sizes just keep getting smaller as time goes on. No one would have dreamed up a size '0' in 1960. 2) Nowadays, there is no standard amongst clothing manufacturers. I can go into a department store and find a 4, 6, 8, and probably even a 10 that all fit me, depending on the manufacturer.
  • dkk1953
    dkk1953 Posts: 24
    Options
    When I first lost weight and got to goal (in 1978) I weighed 128 and wore a size 12 solid - 10 was rare. I measured 5'8" tall, medium frame.

Now I've shrunk to 5'7", am 57 years old and when I got down to the 179 level, I wore a size 16 solid - 14 was rare. All I care about is getting out of the plus sizes and looking better - size/ the number isn't all that important to me anymore.
  • laurad1406
    laurad1406 Posts: 341
    Options
    I'm currently 5'7" and weigh 144lbs....I wear a 4 or a 6 typically, depending on the brand. I am only looking to lose about 7 or 8 lbs, but really just tone up, so I'm not expecting my size to drop much.
  • sla0814
    sla0814 Posts: 240
    Options
    This is so inspirational to see all you ladies being as tall as I am!! I don't ever remember being a size 6...maybe in the 6th grade?!? lol I definitely have more curves and right now I'm in a loose 14. I would love to be in a size 8 or 6 however I've honestly never even IMAGINED me in a size 6!! Weird!!
  • ArchyJill
    ArchyJill Posts: 548 Member
    Options
    This brings up a pet peeve of mine. 1) sizes keep changing, what is a 6 is now used to be an 8, and further back in time, a 10 or 12. I like vintage clothes, and the sizes just keep getting smaller as time goes on. No one would have dreamed up a size '0' in 1960. 2) Nowadays, there is no standard amongst clothing manufacturers. I can go into a department store and find a 4, 6, 8, and probably even a 10 that all fit me, depending on the manufacturer.

EXACTLY! Vanity sizing. The GAP is the worst with it. I usually take an average of the manufacturers sizes when I declare my size (i.e. if a size 6 fits from 10 different places then I'm a 6). That said, I'm 5'8.5" and prior to becoming pregnant I was consistently a size 6 and if I behaved well I could fit into some 4s. I also trained like mad and had just 22% body fat. 6 was easy to maintain, 4 was only at peak of training season.
  • dad106
    dad106 Posts: 4,868 Member
    Options
    This so tough!

In american eagle clothing, I dropped a pants/dress size.. I went from a size 10 pants, to a size 8 pants and a size 8 dress to a size 6 dress.

In gap clothing.. I wear 10 across the board except in the Long and Lean style.. In fact I just picked up pants from the tailor that are from the gap that are a size 10 and had to have the waist taken in 2 inches, yet the legs fit just fine. The Long and Lean jean style from the Gap, i wear a 6/8.

I figure that as long as my clothes fit and there is no muffin top or anything going on, it doesn't matter the size.
  • MrsRobertson1005
    MrsRobertson1005 Posts: 552 Member
    Options
    I was happy in size 5 or 7 jeans and i'm 5'6" with a big booty lol
  • megz4987
    megz4987 Posts: 1,008 Member
    Options
    At my lowest weight, I was 140lb and a size 8. I have HUGE hips however I was not toned at all so I'm sort of aiming for a toned 4-6size. I would still be happy with a toned size8 if my hips won't allow me to go lower, haha.
  • millermichellelea
    Options
    5'7 1/2 here and size 6-8 depending on brand [us]. I am three pounds until goal so I am sure that I will stay right there. I didn't have a goal for size, just weight and fitness. The more I exercise the smaller the jeans lol - the saddle bags shrink :laugh:
  • perne11
    perne11 Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'7 with a medium build. Currently at 153lbs I fit comfortably in a size 8. My final goal is to be around 135-140 wearing a size 6.
  • _angua_
    _angua_ Posts: 35
    Options
    I am 5'7" and would be happy to be an 8 again, but would be ecstatic to get to a 6. I am currently around a 12. It is really hard but I try not to dwell on the sizes because the stores vary so much.
  • marie_2454
    marie_2454 Posts: 881 Member
    Options
    Not sure...BUT...just wanted to share this with you...
    When I was in high school (23 years ago), I weighed 155 and wore a size 12
    ...everyone is different and it depends on your bone structure

It also depends on your body composition. In high school I weighed between 155-160, but I was a size 9.