Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

Spinning Classes

What are your views,opinions and experiences of spinning?
also how has it helped you?

Replies

• JJHudgens
    JJHudgens Posts: 96 Member
    I joined a class in the beginning of my journey....I wasn't all that crazy about it. Probably because I was so out of shape. I should go back and try again. I really did gain strength in my legs. And it was a good way of teaching myself to "push through it." ;)
  • jrich1
    jrich1 Posts: 2,408 Member
    When I was doing them I burned a ton of calories (1100-1200/hr) and built up my cardio endurance. I would recommend them. I dont go to that gym anymore, but I miss them, I was thinking of buying a spin bike.
  • carlydonathan
    carlydonathan Posts: 27 Member
    I love spinning! It's a great crosstrainer, and it burns a lot of calories. If you get the right instructor the time flies and you feel great afterwards. It helped me strengthen my legs for when I go running and it definitely helps tone as well. I just bought a pair of indoor cycling shoes and I can't wait to try them out.
  • girlruns
    girlruns Posts: 344
    It's hard! I took a spinning/yoga combo class and was struggling through the spinning--and this is after I had finished a marathon! I think my system was still rebounding from the marathon, and I was having some knee pain, but it was definitely a kick butt workout! I hated that I kind of let the toughness get to me, and I plan on going back at some point, but I'm back in marathon mode so it might be winter before I try again.
  • drogheda1
    drogheda1 Posts: 57
    Thanks for sharing guys.Not been doing it long but i can tell already that this is a great fat burner....another class u gotta try is BODYPUMP...A must try!
  • ageros
    ageros Posts: 66 Member
    I tried a spinning class once. The instructor was obviously crazy. I died.

Seriously though, that was one of the best cardio work outs I've ever had.
  • oh its awesome! i love taking it when they play techno music! our classroom as a disco ball and strobe lights! and we turn the lights out.... its so much fun! :)
  • smardie
    smardie Posts: 27
    They classes area blast and you really burn the calories. You do not have to go at the levels the instructer yells out, every bike is a little different.
    Start slow and go from there, you will get hooked.
  • AEROBICVIC
    AEROBICVIC Posts: 159 Member
    i am a cycling instructor (not a spinning instr, there is a difference) and i highly recommend it!!! it's one of my fav classes to teach! not only do you get a great calorie burn but it gives you a full body workout, depending on your instr. i usually teach with lights out, with disco ball, colored lights n jammin stereo (depending on what gym im teaching at). it's all about the music! i chose my cd's depending on majority of class. i do a lot of "out of seat/saddle" moves which require upper body strenght, i use weights, body bars, bands and whatever we can get our hands on in the gym. i teach using kickboxing moves, abs routines and more all while your feet are moving. the hour goes by soooo fast and there is a puddle of sweat under your bike