34 yr old with 60lbs to lose

Options
My name is Laina. I'm 34 and hoping to lose 60lbs This is by far the heaviest I've ever been and my self esteem is non existent at this point I can't stand looking at myself in the mirror. I put the weight on extremely fast after I got off drugs and on a methadone program. Any support or suggestions or stories anyone wishes to share with me would be welcome and appreciated.

Replies

• escotech2883
    escotech2883 Posts: 546 Member
    Options
    Im 33 with about 80 to lose
    Good luck !
  • aprilkorn
    aprilkorn Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    I too am on methadone and put on a lot of weight since I got on it. I can't blame it all on methadone as I was underweight and very unhealthy in active addiction. I found I craved a lot of junk food and methadone does slow everything down including your metabolism. I was up to 100mg but have very slowly started weaning off..only come down about 2.5mg every two weeks and the weight started falling off. I'm now to 50mg and will probably stay there. I would rather lose weight slower now than go back to using
  • jen_bush
    jen_bush Posts: 679 Member
    Options
    I'm 21 with 50ish to lose. i put weight on anti-depressants a few years ago and second your statement and am tired hating the way I look in the mirror. Add me if you're looking for friends x