carbs

Options
Is it bad to just eat fruit and fibre cereal especially at night time?

Replies

• abadvat
    abadvat Posts: 1,241 Member
    Options
    nop, it is not bad - you can eat carbs 24/7 - 365 days a years... and if you are scared of the mythical carbs fairy that transforms carbs into fat after 6 PM she does not exist!
  • Phrick
    Phrick Posts: 2,765 Member
    Options
    no, although it could get mighty boring - but if that's what makes you happy, by all means.
  • yarwell
    yarwell Posts: 10,477 Member
    Options
    nhunt123 wrote: »

don't you find it a bit dry ?
  • sunshinenixon4412
    sunshinenixon4412 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I would imagine you would quickly start suffering. With no carb and no protein what is ur body to function on. I would expect that within 24hr you will lose concentration, have major craving and likely have considerable headaches. But its your choice. Im on a high protein, low carb macro diet and its working nicely: 3lb a week. X
  • Pinkylee77
    Pinkylee77 Posts: 432 Member
    Options
    Other than gas from the fiber, no
  • Christine_72
    Christine_72 Posts: 16,049 Member
    Options
    nhunt123 wrote: »

Do you mean this is all you are eating, or only as a night time snack?
  • cityruss
    cityruss Posts: 2,493 Member
    Options
    The "just" here is slightly worrying.

I'd say you'd be erring on the bad side of common nutritional principles by "just" eating fruit and fibre cereal.
  • Christine_72
    Christine_72 Posts: 16,049 Member
    Options
    OP you don't have to answer, but are you trying to lose weight?
  • teresestraw9
    teresestraw9 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Hi I am new to this page and just started mfp could anyone tell me how many carbs you should eat in a day , I am pre diabetic 4 feet 7 inches and weight is 201 I lost 7 pounds the first two weeks by cutting back but want to get down to 150 thanks for any help .
  • fr33sia12
    fr33sia12 Posts: 1,258 Member
    Options
    Hi I am new to this page and just started mfp could anyone tell me how many carbs you should eat in a day , I am pre diabetic 4 feet 7 inches and weight is 201 I lost 7 pounds the first two weeks by cutting back but want to get down to 150 thanks for any help .

Being pre diabetic I would ask your doctor just to be sure.
  • nvmomketo
    nvmomketo Posts: 12,019 Member
    edited May 2016
    Options

@teresestraw Congrats so far!

There is no minimum carb level required for a healthy diet. If carbs are a problem for your health, you can safely lower carbs to below 100g, or 50g, or 20g, or even eat close to zero grams of carbs per day.

I too am was prediabetic. I lowered my carbs to about 5% of my overall diet - that's under 20g of carbs on most days. My protein is moderate at 20% and my fats are high at 75%. This is a nutritional ketogenic diet. Most won't need to lower their carbs that low, but it worked very well for me (I lost 40lbs easily and my BG is good).

ETA Dr Bernstein's Diabetes Solution is a GREAT book about implementing a LCHF diet for insulin resistance treatment.