Chest day!! Why I don't feel I acually did it.

Options
My chest routine is 4 sets 10 teps each syarts with total of 90lb and then moving to adding a total of 50 lb till 4th set. Followed by incline dumbles 3 sets with weight of 45 lb on each side,10 reps. Why my chest is not feeling a slight pain makes me wonder I have stubborn chest fat not letting me feel anything.

Suggestions/ ideas/ guidance please, to actually make my chest feel the workout or may be it doesnt matters.

Replies

• bigbadbrad77
    bigbadbrad77 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Do sets where you do as many reps as you can till failure. Also, do more set
  • navdeeprana
    navdeeprana Posts: 473 Member
    Options
    Yeah one of the problem is cant go beyond 12..not sure should take.a.pre workout supplement like creatine to give a boost or not..
  • Kr15by
    Kr15by Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    I used to have the same issue. I could never feel my chest being worked as my shoulders and tris were taking most of the weight.
    I recommend to start with a few sets of cable cross overs or dumbell flyes then hit the bench.
    Make sure your shoulders are pinned back and concentrate on squeezing the chest on the way back up.
  • SonyaCele
    SonyaCele Posts: 2,841 Member
    Options
    you don't have to feel soreness to get in a good chest workout. Switch up your bench lifts, various grips, various reps / weights etc, Add in some accessory exercises like pullups, rows and triceps etc . There are strength programs you can follow if you are interested in that, also body building programs. And do look up proper form on the bench, that can make a big difference in getting the right muscles activating.
  • ShodanPrime
    ShodanPrime Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    First off, I think we'd all agree, you need to be on a coherent program.

Second. Not all chest work results in soreness. Except dips, and you don't do them.
  • navdeeprana
    navdeeprana Posts: 473 Member
    Options
    I guess I was under impression that if my chest muscles are really not hurting just means I.am not working right but guess I am wrong. Will put more reps/ weight/ different excercises