50lbs down and faster!

Options
dunkut
dunkut Posts: 50 Member
edited April 2016 in Success Stories
It's been a long journey since last July but I'm happy to report with great nutrition and some good workouts I am down 50 pounds. I did carb cycling for a while and finally just switched to a balanced diet and counting calories. I have had great results from both. Picked up running as well, I'm no marathoner but today I ran a mile in under 8 minutes for the first time in my life! Feels great to hit my goals!w5ubmf1ayxt2.jpeg
d4zuuzdj28qg.jpeg

Replies

• psychedmom
    psychedmom Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    Awesome job! Congratulations. You look great! Happy and healthy.
  • felsnod
    felsnod Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Great job!!! Just starting again, so these success stories really help my motivation!
  • dunkut
    Options
    Thanks guys! I have lost and regained several times. Knock on wood I think I have finally made the lifestyle change to make it stick!
  • cmsu64113
    cmsu64113 Posts: 474 Member
    Options
    Great job!
  • lina1016
    lina1016 Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    Congrats on the weight loss!!! You look amazing.
  • wateryphoenix
    wateryphoenix Posts: 644 Member
    Options
    Dang! Great job! Quite motivating ^_^
  • ShrinkinMel
    ShrinkinMel Posts: 982 Member
    edited April 2016
    Options
    Great job! I did running probably 20 years ago and remember the feeling when I ran for 10 minutes straight for the first time in my life. I don't even remember what the mileage was at just the fact I could run that long without stopping was amazing. I can't wait to run again. I walked my mile in 23 minutes last night. I know I'll get faster though.
  • dunkut
    edited April 2016
    Options
    Great job! I did running probably 20 years ago and remember the feeling when I ran for 10 minutes straight for the first time in my life. I don't even remember what the mileage was at just the fact I could run that long without stopping was amazing. I can't wait to run again. I walked my mile in 23 minutes last night. I know I'll get faster though.

Progress not perfection! I hear ya, this first time I ran a mile without stopping I was looking for a podium and a medal lol someone is always faster and someone will always be slower; but as long as I am moving I'm lapping everyone on the sofa!! I'm going to start lifting more weights soon, running is love hate and tough on the knees!
  • 120poundstogo
    120poundstogo Posts: 700 Member
    Options
    Wow that's great stats and weightloss! Isn't ironic that you work at Burger King and still manage to lose weight awesome!
  • rdgfreshstart2016
    rdgfreshstart2016 Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    Awesome!
  • Marilyn0924
    Marilyn0924 Posts: 797 Member
    Options
    Congrats on both achievements!! You look fantastic!
  • chesnity3
    chesnity3 Posts: 960 Member
    Options
    Great job!
  • dunkut
    Options
    Wow that's great stats and weightloss! Isn't ironic that you work at Burger King and still manage to lose weight awesome!

It is crazy, BK is the reason I gained so much to begin with!! Now I pack my meals all day everyday.
  • VivianRosser
    VivianRosser Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Brilliant achievement
  • launchpadmkquak
    launchpadmkquak Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    Way to go!!!
  • putt42
    putt42 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    congrats brother
  • HollyTripp1
    HollyTripp1 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Wow, looking fit and healthy.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!