I need direction

Options
I'm stagnating. Between a new 45+ hour a week job with crazy hours (I just pulled 25 in two days...) and having just moved, plus a new medication regime, my fitness journey has stagnated. I get 10k+ steps a day, try to limit food intake (and fail a lot). I just need some direction. My apartment complex's gym is being remodeled, so it's closed until God knows when. I work such weird hours that idk if I could get to a regular gym. And I need more sleep. As for food- I need to be able to bring it to work and prepare it quickly. What do I do?

Replies

• Seffell
    Seffell Posts: 2,222 Member
    Options
    Hi,

If you're not used to measuring all your food and logging it I would suggest you start doing this for a day or two without cutting on the food to see what it is you've been used to eating so far - i.e. how many calories you actually eat. Then try to see what you can do to fit inside the calories goal MFP sets for you when you set your goal while you still feel full and satisfied. Don't eat weird stuff you never had and don't like just because it feels like a diet :) Eat the food you like and maybe find some new more filling but low calorie foods and meals. Once you start logging accurately you will figure it out.

The most/only important thing to do is to start measuring every food ingredient you eat with a digital scale, then finding the correct entry in the database and logging it.

Then... well in fact this is all you have to do to lose weight :) Good luck. If weighting food seems too much at first try to stick to it and after some time you won't even notice it. I've only been doing it for 3 months and I'm completely used to it and there are people here who've been doing it for many years. They wouldn't have done it if it was so tedious :)
  • NotJustADieter
    NotJustADieter Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    Villae81 wrote: »
    Fix your food the night before going to work find a 24 hour gym nearby and sleep when you can. I work in an alternating shift 12 a day I go to the gym at night on work days and noon on off days. You can work it out just find a way

24 hour gym costs money. My complex has a 24 hour gym, but as I said in my OP, it's under renovation and currently closed.
  • JeromeBarry1
    JeromeBarry1 Posts: 10,182 Member
    Options
    I get a big breakfast, a big dinner, and not much for lunch. I take almonds and 1 boiled egg to work. I have black pepper at my desk. I snack on the almonds before and after lunch for a total of 24, and I have the egg for lunch.
  • NotJustADieter
    NotJustADieter Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    Fix your food the night before going to work find a 24 hour gym nearby and sleep when you can. I work in an alternating shift 12 a day I go to the gym at night on work days and noon on off days. You can work it out just find a way

24 hour gym costs money. My complex has a 24 hour gym, but as I said in my OP, it's under renovation and currently closed.

Sorry didn't know money was an issue. Go to a park walk, run,and some parks have bars to do pull ups dips push ups etc. go hiking it's fun and can be challenging depending on the terrain. I would also suggest workout at home using your tv or YouTube but me personally I hate it so I won't stick to it but it might be your thing though who knows

I work retail so pretty big issue- sorry I didn't mention it in my post

Park isn't a safe option right now- the only open one in my area is in a sketchy area. My usual one is closed for a while due to a minor natural disaster. But outdoors is an issue just because of the heat.

• Brandi1168
    Brandi1168 Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    I workout using Fitness Blender videos on YouTube. There are a ton available (for free) at various lengths so I can squeeze in a workout if time is limited.
  • celadontea
    celadontea Posts: 335 Member
    Options
    Ditto on finding workout videos on youtube. There are tons of free ones for any level of fitness.
  • Pyr0catalyst
    Pyr0catalyst Posts: 22 Member
    edited May 2016
    Options
    I would start with catching up on some sleep, first... in my opinion. If you tackle working out first, you will end up eating more because of the amount of sleep and rest that your body needs in order to replenish and rejuvenate. Here's a helpful medical/health article that explains that: http://www.mayoclinic.org/healthy-lifestyle/adult-health/expert-answers/sleep-and-weight-gain/faq-20058198

When you are somewhat caught up on some sleep, tackle some Youtube workout videos. Here's one from my favorite fitness mama: www.youtube.com/user/TiffanyRotheWorkouts
    What I really like about her is that she has some really good warm up videos and workout videos for beginners/intermediates.

I hope this helps and please feel free to add me <3:)