Help! Need stress food! Already ate the popcorn.

Options
I'm not handling this morning very well.. I can't concentrate, I've already cried, and eaten Act II popcorn. How I'm thinking Rocky Road or Tin Roof ice cream is the only thing that will work.

Replies

• missmeg1970
    missmeg1970 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    go and either brush your teeth or chew some mint gum.... then the ice cream will taste awful if you try and eat it ...

YOU CAN DO THIS ... ONE MEAL AT A TIME XXX
  • hlm0527
    hlm0527 Posts: 5
    Options
    what about yogurt. some of the yoplait ones are really good! can help your craving a bit. I really like the boston cream pie. 110 calories. Hope your day gets better!
  • SeasideOasis
    SeasideOasis Posts: 1,057 Member
    Options
    How about a tablespoon or peanut butter with carrots of celery instead?

Are you at work? If you have a few minutes, try going on a walk, doing yoga, or meditating!

I had a very rough day with some family stuff a few days ago, and instead of eating (or drinking.....) I went for my tennis racked and hit the ball around for awhile. That helps kill my cravings and keep my on track.

Good luck with everything your are dealing with.
  • DKev
    DKev Posts: 266 Member
    Options
    Peanut Butter works well for me!
  • mlanser08
    mlanser08 Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    Nothing tastes as good, as what being 'skinny/thin/fit/healthy' feels. Or, Mcdonald's cone to get your ice-cream fix?
  • tuscaroragal
    tuscaroragal Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    I keep sugar free fudge pops in the freezer for a treat! They are only 40 calories, so if I feel like having two, I can! :)
  • SueInAz
    SueInAz Posts: 6,592 Member
    Options
    This is the point where you get to decide who runs your life, you or food. Deep down, you know that the ice cream isn't going to make you feel any better once the carton is empty and the spoon is in the dishwasher. Instead of eating, get up and move. Go outside for a walk, go for a swim, do jumping jacks, clean the bathroom, anything! You'll feel better when you're done, I promise!
  • sche1amy
    sche1amy Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    When I get upset or have emotional issues I will go for a walk, pop in workout dvd, or go out for a walk if have to. I agree grab something healthy and you will feel better then eating ice cream, candy ect... You can do this
  • vick9180
    vick9180 Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    Take a few minutes to journal out what's bothering you. Sometimes getting it out on paper and seeing what is triggering your cravings will help to crush them. Then at least you can look at the issues and tackle them one by one instead of being overwhelmed by them. You can get through it!
  • ladygloria
    ladygloria Posts: 279 Member
    Options
    Do you have other coping methods that are healthier than stress eating? Friends or coworkers that can listen to your worries, quick exercise or meditative practices, etc? If you're not hungry and know it's a stress binge, then you have to find replacement behaviors that meet the same need. Any ideas?
  • Alacey88
    Alacey88 Posts: 487 Member
    Options
    If you are home, pull out a puzzle or go buy one that you can do to ease up your mind. I usually do some reading, puzzles, or sewing. May be you can come up with a plan for backup so you can keep your mind off on the things that are stressing you out...
  • MinnieInMaine
    MinnieInMaine Posts: 6,400 Member
    Options
    How about finding some other way to deal with your stress? There are always better options than eating to help soothe your feelings...

Go do some sort of exercise to work it out - just a walk or something more vigorous if you're up to it.

And if that doesn't quite do it, journal/blog to get all the thoughts out of your head. That's helped me out a lot in the past when I was dealing with issues. Or pick up the phone and vent to one of your friends.
  • sandrichelle
    Options
    Eating will not make you feel better in the end and you know this...you will feel worse. With that said and being realistic, grab one small square of dark chocolate and savor it with a nice cup of green tea, black! Catch the sweet tooth but doesn't throw you over the border!
  • irishseven
    irishseven Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    please STOP.. don't do this to yourself! You are stronger/smarter than some emotional food!! Get tough with yourself and think of you and your kids and just DO IT!! Go outside, turn music on and dance, or write a letter to YOU, about why you should be # 1 right NOW..health is too important!! take care, Marilyn
  • EDesq
    EDesq Posts: 1,527 Member
    Options
    YOU have to DESIRE to lose weight, THEN DOOO IT! All of the Internet "pep talk" means nothing if YOU are not Committed. What are YOUR Health Goals? Have You prayed the "prayer" that all of "us" obese people have prayed>>>Lord I will DO ANYTHING to lose weight. GUESS what, that ANYTHING is eating more healthy and restricting your intake. WHAT, You thought that ANYTHING meant swimming the Atlantic or climbing Mt. Everest or running a 25K in 3hrs...that stuff is EASY, wayyy easier than eating healthy or limiting calories and moderate exercise; some of us would rather TRY ANYTHING OTHER than what WORKS!

If you really NEED to eat that ice-cream, EAT It, then Feel bad, then because you feel bad - eat some more to soothe yourself (Sounds familiar...) So when WILL You get off of the Unhappy-Go-Round>>>ONLY YOU DECIDE.

Be Well
  • Benji49
    Benji49 Posts: 419 Member
    Options
    Unfortunately I'm at work - and I'm the only one here today so I have to be cheerful and professional and talk to clients! Which is probably why I haven't gotten in a vehicle and gone to get the ice cream yet!
  • Benji49
    Benji49 Posts: 419 Member
    Options
    Just got off the phone with my best friend. She knew today was going to suck so she's on her way to the office to have coffee.

I know things will get better I just need to adjust to not having both of my children safe at home every night. My son got in his car this morning to drive 2300 kms away to school. I can probably count on one hand the number of supper meals that we have not sat down together as a family to eat. This letting go and letting them be adults sounds good in theory but it really SUCKS!