Styling a short haircut after the gym

Options
I currently have long hair and have been wanting to cut my hair shorter, to around my chin, for quite some time (I was waiting until after my wedding). It's finally time, however, I've started going to the gym immediately before work and am worried about a short cut taking too much time after showering to style it properly for work. Any ladies here have textured bob or similar hairstyles that can share?

I work in an office and normally am pretty minimal (straight down or ponytail, no makeup or very light mascara, foundation, eye shadow) so I'd like the option to partially dry it or completely dry it but not HAVE to spend another 10 minutes curling and styling to be presentable if my workout went over.

Replies

• LazSommer
    LazSommer Posts: 1,851 Member
    Options
    Bald is pretty hot.
  • ValerieMartini2Olives
    ValerieMartini2Olives Posts: 3,041 Member
    Options
    I have short hair and it dries anything but quick.
  • mk2fit
    mk2fit Posts: 730 Member
    Options
    Ha, if I could grow mine out, I would wear a pony tail all the time. Short gets and shows all, yes all! the sweat. Plus, everything sticks to your (my) neck and face. Yuck! Washing, whether short or long takes the same amount of time. Go with your gut!
  • lorrpb
    lorrpb Posts: 11,464 Member
    Options
    I have pretty short hair and can get it completely dry with a towel.
  • jemhh
    jemhh Posts: 14,261 Member
    Options
    Ch8n length curly hair here. I dry it for 20-30 minutes and it's still damp on all but the lowest humidity days.
  • musicfan68
    musicfan68 Posts: 1,127 Member
    Options
    I have short hair and it takes 5 minutes to wash and dry my hair, using a round brush as I'm drying, to style it.
  • simplymonicav
    simplymonicav Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Short hair works for me. It's quick to dry & style
  • firesweetheart
    firesweetheart Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the responses! I guess I was just hesitant after seeing super complicated styling tutorials on Pinterest :)
  • jemhh
    jemhh Posts: 14,261 Member
    Options
    A lot depends on the style and the particulars of your hair. Mid-length or shorter hair is not necessarily easier to care for than long hair. You may lose the option of putting it up or into a ponytail. You may have hair that has to be wet (not necessarily washed) each day in order to end up looking nice rather than like smashed up bedhead. But if you have fairly easy to dry and style chin length hair cut in a bob, it might be really easy for you.
  • kuroshii
    kuroshii Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    When I had a chin-length bob, I jut used a round brush while blow drying to curl the ends under and that was it. Never bothered with a curling iron or any of that.
    But now I have REALLY short hair, which just fluffs while I blow-dry...and of course the blow-drying itself takes less time too!
  • Pocket__Cthulhu
    Pocket__Cthulhu Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    You could always pick up some spray that boasts sea-salt in it for lazy days. You can just spray it in your damp hair and it will give it volume and texture.