every day i have a different weight !!

Options
Since yesterday it appears i have lost 4 pounds while the day befor yesterday i gained like 5 pounds i assure you my scale is accurate what could be happening!!

Replies

• cityruss
    cityruss Posts: 2,493 Member
    Options
    Your body is in a constant state of flux due to many factors.

View trends, not isolated scale weights.
  • MonkeyMel21
    MonkeyMel21 Posts: 2,394 Member
    Options
    Normal weight fluctuations. They even have weight trend apps so you can watch your weight over time rather from day to day.
  • esraad1989
    esraad1989 Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    Whats the best app to watch my weight
  • cityruss
    cityruss Posts: 2,493 Member
    Options
    Trendweight
    Libra for Android

I'm sure there's others.
  • BeYouTiful94
    BeYouTiful94 Posts: 289 Member
    Options
    Normal weight fluctuations. Since you're weighing everyday, you might want to look into trend apps or sites. Trendweight is one. Happy Scale is an iOS app. Libra is an Android app. All graph your weights and show a trend line
  • jenring3
    jenring3 Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    Fluids, food, glycogen, hydration, time of day (morning vs. evening) evacuated vs. non-evacuated 'stuff' - all play factors in what numbers show up on the scale. That number looks like 'weight' but it isn't really 'fat' which doesn't come and go that easily. If weighing every day changes how you're feeling about weight loss and your commitment levels throughout the week then I would recommend staying off the scale. Weigh in once a week and look at a 4-week trend at a time. Even the same weigh-in day weekly isn't a guarantee of consistent downwards (or even upward) trends. You definitely need to focus on consistency, look at the weekly weigh-in as feedback only and a snapshot in time and see how things look over a few weeks.
  • esraad1989
    Options
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 25,026 Member
    Options
    Do you weigh yourself at the same time each day?

Is your scale on carpet?
  • esraad1989
    Options
    Yeah i make sure its before breakfast on an empty stomach and Not on carpet
  • yourfriendlaurie
    yourfriendlaurie Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    My recommendation is to either weigh yourself daily and use one of the trend apps mentioned (I love Happy Scale) or weigh yourself monthly. In the beginning, daily with an app is probably better since you're still figuring out what works for you and don't want to go a whole month without feedback. Weighing weekly is the worst of all worlds in my opinion because the data will be misleading depending on your water weight on that given day or if you have undigested food in your stomach. It's depressing to wait a whole week to step on the scale only to find you "gained" a pound (but in reality if you'd been weighing yourself daily and calculating the trendline, you'd see you actually lost 1.1 lbs).

Also this is probably obvious but always weigh yourself either naked or wearing the exact same clothes and at the same time of day before eating or drinking anything. It can make up to a 5 lb difference when I don't!
  • esraad1989
    Options
    Thats very helpful thanks you guys
  • 2015Jason
    2015Jason Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    You can graph your weight on MFP and just kinda mentally note the trendline.
  • esraad1989
    Options
    Lol i love graphs
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,874 Member
    Options
    Yeah, body weight isn't static...nobody weighs exactly XXX Lbs. The human body is made up of anywhere between 50-65% water and it's variable and obviously, water has mass and thus those fluctuations would show up on the scale. You also have variable levels of waste in your system at anyone time, etc. Weight management is about overall trends, not the weigh in to weigh in numbers.
  • I_amnr
    I_amnr Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    don't you just love the noobs :)
    anyway I stick to once a week and measure my waist
    ill give you good example 2 weeks ago I lost 0.8 kg and 0.7 cm of my waist
    last week I lost 0.2 kg and o.83 off my waist .. so technically I feel I did better :)
  • esraad1989
    Options
    Yeah i guess ill start measuring my waste then lol
  • I_amnr
    Options
    esraad1989 wrote: »
    Yeah i guess ill start measuring my waste then lol
    by the way I'm OCD about my waist measurement so I usually take 7 or 9 measurements and take off the highest and the lowest measurement and use and average since I can get up to 0.8 cm difference depending on how accurately I place the tape. :)

of course you can do less measurements lol

• esraad1989
    Options
    I can guess ur OCD by looking at your perfect body lol . I wish i was OCD with my gym workout lol
  • I_amnr
    Options
    esraad1989 wrote: »
    I can guess ur OCD by looking at your perfect body lol . I wish i was OCD with my gym workout lol

lol ..na I was about 90 kg there .. I leave it up for inspiration .. went up to 120 kg after I tore my tendon and was off work for 5 months and on crutches for about 9.. back down to 110 kg though :D and want to settle on 95 kg ..would love to get back to my weight of 85 kg during my mid 20s but would be probably too much work plus im carryng a bit more muscle compared to back then
  • esraad1989
    Options
    Ur OCD alright lol jk u look just fine good luck