Who here watches True Blood?

Options

Replies

• realia
    realia Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    I HATED it! Thought it was a complete waste of time. Seriously nothing made sense and it is so far off the book. I thought it was just me but my husband and friends thought it sucked too.
    I never read the books so maybe that's why I didn't think it sucked. Most shows based on books stray from the books storylines so I guess that's why I never bothered to read the book.
  • realia
    Options
    I thought is fairly interesting. It did a great job with setting up the story lines for the season. Plus it's always wonderful to see Eric.... :tongue:
    Oh God, Eric was beautiful in last night's episode. :love:
    Now I'm waiting for that beautifl 6 foot warewolf to come back..... I can't think of his name..... Yes....True Blood=My Eye Candy...
    OMG YES, the werewolf. He was a pleasant sight :3
  • njean888
    njean888 Posts: 401 Member
    Options
    I HATED it! Thought it was a complete waste of time. Seriously nothing made sense and it is so far off the book. I thought it was just me but my husband and friends thought it sucked too.
    I never read the books so maybe that's why I didn't think it sucked. Most shows based on books stray from the books storylines so I guess that's why I never bothered to read the book.
    Could be, but it just seemed so far fetched and did not do a good job of explaining things. The previews did seem like it would get better, I guess I just expected more of the 1st episode.
  • kimmerroze
    kimmerroze Posts: 1,330 Member
    Options
    Could be, but it just seemed so far fetched and did not do a good job of explaining things. The previews did seem like it would get better, I guess I just expected more of the 1st episode.

PS I agree... the books ROCK! they are sooooooooooo good!
  • PhoenixRising17
    PhoenixRising17 Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    LOVED ITTTT!!! Trublood is so great I was so happy my friend let me come over and watch since I had to cancel my cable a month ago the whole season looks incredible from what they showed of the previews i can't wait to see what happens!!!
  • Benji49
    Benji49 Posts: 419 Member
    Options
    I noticed that they seem to have really forgotten the books with this one!. But then seasons 1-3 never really followed the books closely either. Loved the books - love the show. I just look at them as two different story lines now.
  • Chilliaddict
    Chilliaddict Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    I thought is fairly interesting. It did a great job with setting up the story lines for the season. Plus it's always wonderful to see Eric.... :tongue:
    Oh God, Eric was beautiful in last night's episode. :love:
    Now I'm waiting for that beautifl 6 foot warewolf to come back..... I can't think of his name..... Yes....True Blood=My Eye Candy...

Wasn't his name alcede or something like that i can't entirely remember but he was bloody hot!!!
  • LaneDraven
    LaneDraven Posts: 13
    Options
    I do but i dont' have HBO right now (boo) so i'm missing it this season!

You can try streaming it online.
  • LaneDraven
    Options
    Anyone notice thatBill is a little less pale than previous seasons....are they trying to make him look more human? hehe....mmmmmm fairy blood must put some color on your cheeks haha
    Bill is King, right? I really want to know what happened to the Queen. Maybe I forgot something happened last season?

The end of last season, after the heart-breaking of sookie by bill, Bill heads home and the Queen is there and is like" ah Bill you double-crossed me'. And Bill says sometihng like "I have nothing left to loose". And they go at each other to fight. Since he is now king, my guess is she died.
  • realia
    Options
    I noticed that they seem to have really forgotten the books with this one!. But then seasons 1-3 never really followed the books closely either. Loved the books - love the show. I just look at them as two different story lines now.
    Yeah, the show is BASED on the books. I don't think it will strictly follow the books.
  • realia
    Options
    Anyone notice thatBill is a little less pale than previous seasons....are they trying to make him look more human? hehe....mmmmmm fairy blood must put some color on your cheeks haha
    Bill is King, right? I really want to know what happened to the Queen. Maybe I forgot something happened last season?

The end of last season, after the heart-breaking of sookie by bill, Bill heads home and the Queen is there and is like" ah Bill you double-crossed me'. And Bill says sometihng like "I have nothing left to loose". And they go at each other to fight. Since he is now king, my guess is she died.
    Ahhh, I can't wait to see what Sookie has to say about Bill being King. LOL
  • leonardk09
    leonardk09 Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    I think it's funny how vampire hair isn't supposed to change, according to Bill in season 1, but yet it has. haha. Oh well. Loved the episode :)
  • MissO﹠A
    MissO﹠A Posts: 906 Member
    Options
    I've not read the books so I have no prior knowledge of what should be happening. Despite not having read them, I thought last night's episode was weak. (With the exception of all scenes with Eric, of course.)
  • ShellGetsFit
    ShellGetsFit Posts: 604 Member
    Options
    I can't get enough of True Blood!!! I'm soooo happy that it's back on TV again and can't wait to see what happens this season!!!
  • LaneDraven
    Options
    I think it's funny how vampire hair isn't supposed to change, according to Bill in season 1, but yet it has. haha. Oh well. Loved the episode :)

Haha, I know! I noticed the change too! But I must say (although I am not a big Bill fan), I love the new hair!
  • kapeluza
    kapeluza Posts: 3,434 Member
    Options
    Not I, is it any good?
  • Sahalsaver
    Options

I read the first book... have to say really didnt care for it at all... too much of a trashy novel... I LOVE what Alan Ball has done with the series, he's taken a really cool idea and made it 200 times better... and can I just say Lafayette is my FAVORITE character!!! "Hookah!"
  • skittybang
    skittybang Posts: 1,525 Member
    Options
    LOVE True Blood!!! Regardless of it being such a weeeiirrdd episode, I'm just happy it's finally started! And Eriiccccc...uhhhh..... I'm so glad he bought the house. :D

I've read 9 out of 10 books...or 11? lol --- I LOVE that it's a different story. The same in regards to characters and certain situations, but the show and books are quite different. I love it because it really keeps it exciting and new.

I love reading a book before I see a movie. In this case, I'm happy it strays. Because if the love scene between Eric and Sookie from book 4 makes it on the show..... I'd probably pause that ish and not get ANYTHING done. You know what I'm talking about
  • realia
    Options
    Not I, is it any good?
    Yes! If you're into gore, vampire and eye candy. :bigsmile:
  • LaneDraven
    Options
    I love Lafeytte too! Him and Tara are my favourite characters!!!